Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Roman ??

Hi TJ I should think u would find quite few, have u seen Caesar there? as he's AWOL here, that's his trouble too many palace'es never know where he is??? put a couple bob on black odds for me when your at the table OK ------------E/S

2. "WHAT DID THE ROMANS EVER DO FOR US!?"

I like the colours and style of the piece and want to see this image completed.

Lloyd What did the Romans do for us u have checked history?? don't let Caesar know or you'll b reading for the next 2 day's so keep stum ok

4. Quote Originally Posted by eighty+ View Post
    Lloyd What did the Romans do for us u have checked history?? don't let Caesar know or you'll b reading for the next 2 day's so keep stum ok
    Ha ha, I know what the industrious Romans did. I was quoting a Monty Python line from their film The Life of Brian.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExWfh6sGyso

Sorry sorry sorry you were too sharp for me

well we've got 1 statue in the other 1 is on its way the trouble is Caesar's using the main route so know there's Chariot's all over the show and crowd's pushing and shoving so now when its going to here have'nt a clue
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Caesar no 6.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	109.2 KB 
ID:	47314  

Dear ATPLus, You're absolutely right to figure out that Rome had a terrific traffic problem since two millennia ago (and actually it still does).
    The love and humouristic poet Martial, coming to live in Rome from the Spain province few decades after Jesus Christ birth, disturbed while sleeping by all the noises coming from the streets, once exclaimed: "In cubile Roma!", that is, more or less "I've got Rome in my bed!"
    That was also due to the fact that food and other goods trasportation into the town with big chariots were not allowed after 7 o'clock in the morning (if I'm not wrong), so as to avoid traffic jams due to their unloading.
    At that time Rome had about 1.5 millions inhabitants, an incredible size in those times, also considering that fresh water supply all over was supplied by external and underground aqueducts and cisterns and dirt water was taken away by a sewerage system.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

well the chariot got threw at last and had to pay another 8o gold buckets that leave's me broke, they wanted more as its a special, they knew he's a bit of a skolar and would want it, that's why they bunged the price up, the old story there's no honest trader's anymore,well I want bore u with my bad luck and leave u to look at the Statue and tell if u think I was robbed??? -------------E/S

Name:	Caesar no 7.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	115.9 KB 
ID:	47725  

well they'av finished the repairs so they'av taken the shutter's down make's a big difference he b pleased when he come's back pehaps we will get a bonus -----------E/S

Name:	Caesar no 8.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	116.3 KB 
ID:	47748  

well is palace is nearly ready still looking for a helmit and the shutters have come down there's room for a Chariot avec cheval vous regarde poir mois SVP bonne chance ------------E/S

Name:	Caesar no 9.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	124.2 KB 
ID:	47795