ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Suggestions for Interface

Suggestions for Interface

1. In the Tool Picker, holding down the stylus/right-clicking on a tool pops up a list of Presets for that tool.

2. The Presets panel is accessbile through the Tool Settings panel. (Maybe with a button next to the Reset button which, quite frankly, I have never used. Oh, strike that--I used it just now, to see what it does. *underwhelmed smiley*)

3. The Color Samples panel is accessible via the Color Picker (e.g. through the menu under the Custom Color Picker options).

Thanks for reading!
    Cat Boxes, a web comic

Okay, so there is something about the interface that had been bugging me for a while and today I decided to take some time to figure out what is going on with it. Often when I draw I use the blunt, "eraser" tip of my stylus to, well, erase. I have noticed that sometimes the stylus will draw a selection instead of erasing. Cool!--I would love to have the option of drawing a selection instead of erasing! Unfortunately it didn't actually seem to be an option, just something that happened every now and then.

What I realized today was that, at least with my setup, there are certain tools with which the "eraser" tip does not act as an eraser. If I click on Selection, Transform, Color Sampler, or Text (but not Fill ), then the "eraser" tip will act according to the selected tool. Personally I find this annoying, since it is inconsistent with all the other tools. (Yeah, I checked all the other tools. I'm all about the consistency, after all.)

So. Is this intentional? If so, is there some utility in this behavior that I am missing?

And, finally--
    ObSuggestion: I would love--LOVE!--it if the "eraser" tip could remember its own tool+settings. So I could, for example, ink with my main tip, and mark freehand selections for deletion with the off tip. Or paint in oil with one end, and blend with the palette knife with the other. Or draw details with a soft, fine-tipped marker, and flip the stylus to block in color with a big hard marker. Etc.

Thanks!
    Cat Boxes, a web comic