ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: a rush on comments please

a rush on comments please

this is my first portrait, it is my grandaughter, I want to surprise her with it, but want to get your comments before I send it, don't want to disapoint her, I am sending the pic of her I used for a reference....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Caitlin.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	101.4 KB 
ID:	46107  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

This is good, especially for a first attempt. Much better than my own attempts at these things. (I'm practicing myself)

Since you asked for comments right away... My only suggestion would to be to give a second glance at the nose and mouth area, they seem a bit off compared to the reference and the rest of the picture.

The eyes, hair and pretty flower are very excellent. Again, this is a great first. I'm sure she will be floored that you decided to paint her. I know I would be quite flattered.

I echo Magen's comments, plus as I see it, the lips in the painting do not appear to be as long as in the photo.

For a first attempt - you have done very well.
    About a gazillion times better than my first attempt...
    and my second....third.....
    My Gallery:

http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/2939
    Deviant Art Gallery:

Very very nice. Congratulations.

Thankyou all for your comment, it is a great help, I will work on the nose and mouth a little more....happy painting to all of you

Well done Pat, its a beautiful paintings of a beautiful lady. A little more work on the mouth and it will be perfect.
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Thankyou Coops, I did work on mouth and nose like suggested and it looked like the expression I was trying to get, thankyou all, the family loved it

Welcome and good start indeed! The portrait looks alike and I'm sure You will soon get quite confident and skilled with AR tools so as to stun us even more!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Thankyou Caesar, I have seen your art and it is so beautiful, you are such a great artist........Happy Painting