ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Resize Artrage Window

Resize Artrage Window

I have the Artrage window on the screen where the very bottom, of bottom palettes are hanging off the screen and I cannot click drag the bottom right corner of the window to resize it. I did try checking the display settings and the resize canvas settings but it didn't help.

Let me know if there's a way to fix this.

Thanks,
    Darren

Macbook
    OSX 10.5.8

If the window is too big for the monitor, click the '+' button on the titlebar, that should resize it to fit. Next time you start the product it should remember the last size you had it at.

If that doesn't help, could you let me know which version of ArtRage you're using and I can look in to it further.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Resize Artrage Window

Hi Matt,
    I'm using Artrage 2.5. I did try the + button, but the top of the window is under the Finder window so I can't grab it either.

Darren

At the top of your ArtRage window, your should see ArtRage's own menu bar. To the left of the 'X' close icon is a square window icon. If you click that icon to window the application, does that help? You should then be able to see the + button to maximise the window for your current resolution.

If that doesn't help, if possible, could you pose a screenshot and let us know your current screen resolution and we should be able to step you through it from there. You can add an image to your post via 'manage attachments' when posting.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Artrage Window

Hi Dave,
    I could not get to it. Attached is a screen shot of the Artrage window. If I can't get it to show, I'll try reinstalling, but i'll see if we can fix it first.

My display is 1152 X 720.

Thanks,

Darren
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 1.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	51.3 KB 
ID:	46134  

Thanks for the screenshot. No need to reinstall. If it's settings related, you can reset ArtRage to its default settings in the following manner:

1/ Close ArtRage
    2/ Locate the file artrage.prs. On the Mac this should be here:

Macintosh HD/Users/<your user name>/Library/Preferences/Ambient Design/ArtRage 2

3/ Delete this file and launch ArtRage.

ArtRage's default should be full screen. Does this help at all? Let me know if not, and I'll be happy to help further.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Resize Artrage Window

Hi Dave,
    I tried deleting the pref file, it's still showing up like the screen shot.

Darren

What appears to be happening is that the app is seeing the horizontal screen resolution of your machine and creating a 1024 x 768 window. To prevent this, you'll need to set ArtRage to run in Full Screen mode, which will adapt to the current screen resolution.

If you can set your mac to a larger resolution than 1152 x 720, do so and launch ArtRage, then click the Full Screen button in the menu bar at the top of the ArtRage window (the square icon next to the close button). That will make the app switch to Full Screen mode. You can then quit the app and set the screen back to your original, smaller resolution and the app should remain full screen when you launch it.

If you can't make the machine run any higher resolution, we can send a preferences file that will set the full screen mode for you, drop us a note at support@ambientdesign.com if that's the case and we'll help.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Resize Artrage Window

It worked! I'm very happy now.

Thank you again for all your help.

Darren