ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Broken covered bridge (NEW painting) ...

Broken covered bridge (NEW painting) ...

Oil painting of a covered (albeit broken) bridge. Done in ArtRage Studio Pro 3.

Multi-layered. Combination of oil brushes, palette knife, and thinners. Enjoy. Please leave some feedback, too. Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	broken_bridge.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	215.5 KB 
ID:	45898  

Lovely rich colours, nicely done

Thanks! Anyone else?

Hello. Looks good, but if i may missing shadows and reflections in the water.

Lovely sky. Vibrant rich colors are very pleasing. I do like the water, but I noticed the lack of reflections as well. Was this intentional, perhaps due to the lack of night light?

Are you studying perspectives? The reason i ask is that I get the feeling of perspective studies with the bridge flowing back into the painting.

To Javier: The supporting beams do have reflections, but yes, you're right; there's no reflection for the bridge. Figured the painting looked okay enough without it. Thanks, though! And to MagenSparks: Not actively studying perspectives, no; the painting just happened to turn out this way, but can understand how one would come to that conclusion. Thanks!