ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Copying using the transform tool

Copying using the transform tool

(ArtRage Studio Pro / Windows)

There’s probably a technical reason for this, but when trying to copy a selection using the transform tool, the keyboard shortcut Ctrl-C doesn’t work. You have to use the menu option Edit -> copy, then Ctrl-V to paste.

If you forget and use Ctrl-C, you can tell the copy has not worked, as the ‘Please wait...’ progress bar doesn’t briefly pop up.

Just a thought, but I think would be useful to have an option to cut (Ctrl-X) or delete (DEL) a selected selection as well.

Regards, Jono
    Last edited by Jono; 06-17-2010 at 11:14 PM. Reason: added 'just a thought'

I think there's something wrong on your end, because I use Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V and Ctrl+P to copy, cut and paste all of the time.

Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

If the transformation outline is already active the keyboard shortcuts aren't being processed (the transformation system is modal, like an active transformation in Photoshop, it blocks other operations during transforms and has its own shortcuts). I'll make a note to look at allowing certain operations to pass through the transform where appropriate however.

In the meantime, using the Copy/Paste shortcuts when an area is selected, before activating the transformation outline should work.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Someonesane: thanks for taking the time with your excellent graphic. That’s great way of illustrating things.

Matt: thanks for your explanation and advice. Is it a similar situation with sticker sprays? It seems you can select and transform an individual sticker, but you can’t copy (or delete) it, only the whole group.

Unflattened stickers sprayed on to a layer can't be duplicated at this time, but you can delete them. Again, if the Transformation system is active that functionality isn't currently available (another item that will be looked at when I investigate options that should 'fall through') but if the transformation frame isn't up you can right click a sticker and delete it, or select the eraser tool and tap it. On layers that contain unflattened stickers, you can erase with the eraser tool and have it remove the stickers you come in to contact with.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

That’s really useful info about deleting unflattened stickers – I should have checked the manual! Thanks again.