Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: who can draw a fantastic painting from my face

Thanks. I only had about an hour to draw it

The last time I kept an open mind,
    my brain fell out and the dog grabbed it.
    Now it's full of dirt, toothmarks, and dog slobber.
    No more open minds or dogs for me.www.gms9810.com/

I probably see what You mean. I quickly drafted some morphing steps in this sketch. What is the stage that you meant or looked for? Apparently it gets the specific ant-bear aspect only down in the process, when most human proportions are significantly distorted .... I didn't have Your side view so I roughly guessed it and that was necessary to change into an ant-bear. Obviously the former painting is frontal because all Your pictures are frontal and they hardly help to your scope for any animal whose front view isn't too meaningful.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Transformation.jpg 
Views:	253 
Size:	198.1 KB 
ID:	87554  
    Last edited by Caesar; 09-15-2015 at 09:44 PM.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Caesar...

ROTFLOL! That's fantastic!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gms9810 View Post
    ok, my version....
    Attachment 87549

My reference wasn't very good
    Attachment 87550
    so welcome sir Gms9810

indeed without any line tracing you made a portrait of me in an amazing facial expression !
    Soul is at the center of the circle of art

Caesar , i always swear you are genius ...
    your guessing power is so strong too , and i think what you drew is enough for my side view ! unfortunately i didn't take a side photo shot in that time !

i really enjoyed from the steps you demonstrated , do you agree with me this is a very special branch in portrait drawing ?

the only idea i have about the problem is that the artist must be familiar with many figures of various animals , insects , birds .... may be all the 666 beast mentioned in the bible , indeed having the high IQ and great power of memorization or visualization are necessary too !
    if an artist reach to such degree just by a look at everyone face can immediately recognize the nature of that person

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    I probably see what You mean. I quickly drafted some morphing steps in this sketch. What is the stage that you meant or looked for? Apparently it gets the specific ant-bear aspect only down in the process, when most human proportions are significantly distorted .... I didn't have Your side view so I roughly guessed it and that was necessary to change into an ant-bear. Obviously the former painting is frontal because all Your pictures are frontal and they hardly help to your scope for any animal whose front view isn't too meaningful.
    Run for your lives, it's a werehorse!

Dear BushcraftOnFire, I'm glad You got amused by my bizarre interpretation of our dear model mate. I thought that such a kind, nice and semehow unique personality, considering also his last brilliantly eccentric request might be best represented by a not aggressive animal who still has determination on his specific purposes and has an aspect somehow unconventional, weird and fun we may all like. Thank You.

Dear Shekofte, maybe I tend to be a little uncautious when it comes at some sort of challenge and I can turn such a challenge also into a semehow fun outcome, so I'd rather thank you for such an opportunity You provided us with. You had a really smart idea btw. As I anticipated to You, a variant of what You propose may be to have each one proposing a self-portrait featured in the form of the animal his Chinese Astrological Sign would assigns to him. Finally I must say that it's not my first time doing such an excercise. Several years ago a made the caricatures of all my office colleagues on a tree or on the ground in the shape of various types of birds. It resultated to be a real crack and, since I naturally had all their images and characters well impressed in my mind, all of them were recognisable and actually recognised. Much fun. Thank You.

Thank you for Your warning, dear Gms9810! LOL Actually the last step is missing here, when our transformer friend is finally turned into a finished ..... uhmm ... wereantbear ....LOL
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

You're the artist, draw it any way you want. If someone doesn't like it, they're not forced to look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Raselbste View Post
    Hi Lee,
    Your work excellent you have done the great idea.
    Raselbste , welcome to see you in 2016
    yes great idea ! someone told me Lee made me like scarface !