ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Castel Sant'Angelo-Ponte degli Angeli

Castel Sant'Angelo-Ponte degli Angeli

A quick watercolours sketch of such a quite famous Roman view.
    This ancient fortress, with Archangel Michael unsheathing the sword, was also a prison and the place where Tosca (the main character of the omonymous opera), once deceived, suicided.
    Small size, one layer, from the reference picture I'm attaching too ....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CastelSantAngeloPonte.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	110.6 KB 
ID:	45746   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ponte_degli_Angeli_all%27alba[1].jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	309.3 KB 
ID:	45747  
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Brilliant watercolor Cesare, and what a photograph-that is amazing. I hope someday to be able to see your country.

Beautiful painting Cesare, misty and calm. The photo is so lovely with the reflections. One can feel the peace in it. Well done
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Thank You, dear Sandra and Katie!
    I had problems with the pen again, so I used the mouse in this speedy watercolors (I didn't care of details and lost a visible tower as an example.
    Anyway, as You an see, the place is quite magical in this town at dawn ...

Beautiful Caesar! Hope you get a new pen soon! (Not that you seem to need it)

acquerello bello, io amo l'Italia, ma mi spaventa squadra azzurra.

Thanks Caesar, this is the castle i was talking about.

Beautiful aquarell painting ,I just wish i was there right now, promenading on the bridge and soaking in the wonderfull summer atmosphere... so many statues to see there...might even go to a concert...yeah... Pavarotti.. it couldn't be him singing anymore...Be happy there ,it is said that all the roads lead to Rome:-) i hope my will take me there someday too...:-)

So nice from you, Caesar, bringing the pictures here...i love them both.

Love Cinzano... do you?

Dear Al, I think I'm going to buy a new tablet as soon as I have time to make a survey, select it procure it. in the meanwhile sometimes it almost works and some other times it's practically impossible ...
    Trust send me a new pen twice for free; I'm a little ashamed to ask for it again after I paid my tablet (out of production) less than 60 € a few years ago.
    Any suggestion thereabout? I wouldn't use anything less than an A5 std size as active sheet, I'd say (as the present one), although I must consider euro dropped recently. Thank You very much!

Obrigado, caro Lando!
    Credo que o favorito é Spain, esta vez, mesmo se não credo que ganhará.
    Brasil parecem muito fortes, como sempre, e há muitos campeões que que jogam ou jogaram em Italia (também Dunga) e isso nós admiramos.
    Auguries!

Never say never, dear Anna! In the meanwhile I'm glad these images took some warm to Your heart and revived Your memory. It was once absolutely true that all roads led to Rome in Emperial age. The network was progressively developped to actually lead from Rome to anywhere else, thus converging here. This town, at that time, was an absolute marvel by size, urbanistic concept and services, monuments, entertainment and all the rest, in a way unique in the known world (although all other towns were built or changed to have similar quality of life, with thermae, aqueducts, drainage systems...). It was the town for antonomasia, thus when You said Urbs, (the)Town, without adding the name, it was intended Rome.
    Well, now please, have a Cinzano (the classical red one is always the best since long time, like the Ferrari).
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Caesar; 06-16-2010 at 08:28 PM.

Dear Caesar,
    You have taken a photo of an historical site with a not so stellar past and
    transformed the scene into a translucent place of legendary wonder and
    fancy. I now might imagine renowned story book figures of old residing
    there. This delicate watercolor representation of the original photo is most
    elegant to be sure, a place where one's imagination is welcome to visit
    and explore. So well painted!
    Mairzie Dotes

Ferrari what's that then ??? better tell Ham as for water colour u are forceing me to try it YUK congrat's