ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my dear past away dog Maxi

my dear past away dog Maxi

This is a drawing I made in artrage of my dear dog Maxi. He was my friend for 10 years, but sadly developed bad hipes and was put to sleep.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	maxiskiss.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	115.8 KB 
ID:	45688  

This is really gorgeous sketch of your dear dog. So simple, but very effective. I love it.
    And welcome here,okasa.

Wonderful painting of your dog. His personality just shines thru!
    Treasure his memory always.

Oh my gosh, I totally love this dear dog! Fantastic work!

I was in such a hurry this morning, and did not read your title completely, my sincere apologies, and would like to add that I am so sorry for your loss, but happy that you had been blessed with such a wonderful companion.
    Last edited by Alexandra; 06-13-2010 at 07:39 AM.

So nice! Reminds me of my 12-yr old corgi-shepard mix (who has arthritis).
    Your love shows in this painting of your dear friend.

Wonderful painting of such a treasured friend.
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

thank you all

I did love this dog.. thank you all for seeing that in the picture. It makes me happy.
    He was such a sweet dog, kind and always in a happy mode.
    Never angry and a wonderfull companion. he is always in my mind

Nice picture

Soldiers returning from WW1 brought some German Shepherds back with them to the states. At that time they were a fairly new breed of sheep dogs. (Established as a breed) They were so popular that they were mass bred to fill the demand and some genetic problems developed. (Early inbreeding caused the defects, mass breeding however perpetuated the problem before they were brought to the US. They were then mass breed in the states. The overall results is many dogs used for breeding shouldn't have been and caused the defect problems to be large scale.)

One line that was over bred had bad hips. Unfortunately yours came from that line with that genetic defect. About 45% of the German Shepherds now carry the defect due to the lack of selective breeding.

We had a few shepherds when I was growing up and I liked the bred.
    My neighbor, a police officer obtained the most beautiful registered female pup I had ever saw. It was my understanding it was quite costly and that he brought it in from Germany. He knew I really liked the dog and I would spend time with it when it ventured to my yard. When he was moving the told me they would not allow the dog at his new home due to the rules and offered it to me. I was one of the happiest people one earth that day.

I spent a lot of time with her but my wife fed her and played with her too. One night she got up from the floor on my side of the bed where she would sleep and went to my wife's side to sleep. Until the day she died she continued to sleep on floor on my wife's side of the bed. She adopted my wife's as master by her choice. I just had understand that because German Shepherds have only one master.

I would give my wife anything and I still shared the company of our German shepherd Jordan so everything was fine with me.

I do understand what it is like to lose such a friend.

Earle
    Last edited by EB; 06-14-2010 at 02:51 PM.

l can also see the love you still have for your lost friend I have also lost my dog and will not replace her, because of the hurt it causes when they are gone. I really could not go through that again. So remember all the good times you shared and know that he loves you still. Best wishes Jo X

Dear Okasa, Hello and so sorry to see your beloved friend is gone from you, it is a beautiful drawing, as i scrolled down i first saw the eyes, so happy and cheerful! must have been a fine pet, best wishes!