ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Black and White

Black and White

This is my painting today. I hope you enjoy.

Do you think it is possible to get yellow by mixing red and green, using Artrage?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Interesting study, Oriane.

Yes, one can get yellow mixing red and green. It just depends what kind of green one uses.

Theorie about how to mix colors, what to derive them from naturally should be taught in schools, because it enhances the joy of life knowing the basics, so in the right moment one can use this knowledge.

Seeing the reds and yellows what blackfoot and crowfoot indians used always amazes me..... what mother nature , what colors she stores for us, is upon us just to use them... but if we do not know...how to....then we have to go to the store for acrylics...There's so much to know about colors... how to cook them, put them together.... there was an egg used in middleages as a wonderful binder.

I too do not know much about colors... just the basics... so i refreshed my memories about how to mix them....i am enjoying reading about them here in such a comfortable style and surrounding.

Thanks Oriane.

A quite interesting experiment. Some blending modes are stunning and very promising. I made experiments too long time ago ...
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

AT thank you for your comment. As always you have this open mind and can see things far away. Caesar, you too my friend amico. You are right, mixing the colors in RA is an exercise that makes the mind travel. Very cool. It is possible to get yellow by mixing red and green. Look at the pictures. And these small and fast demos.

(1) Red + Green = Yellow
    (2) RGB CYM
    (3) CYMK

Thank you

PS.: If you have any comments or criticism, please go ahead.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by Lima; 06-11-2010 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by orianelima View Post
    This is my painting today. I hope you enjoy.

Do you think it is possible to get yellow by mixing red and green, using Artrage?

orianelima,
    Sad to say but from time to time I think I may have accidently discovered
    mixed palette colors that haven't even been invented yet! I begin to
    mix several shades in all artful innocence then .... weeeeuuuuuu and what
    color do I call THIS? Errr, how about "Essence of Jello Frappe?"

A gracious thank you for your color mix tutorial. I need all of the help that
    I can get!
    Mairzie Dotes

Mairzie thank you dear friend.