ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: THIRD and FINAL revision of my seascape painting ...

THIRD and FINAL revision of my seascape painting ...

Tinkered around with my seascape painting for a third (and final) time. I really would appreciate it if some of you folks would please comment on this painting and give me some feedback. This is the first time I've done a seascape. The other seascape renditions I've posted here haven't gotten anything (multiple views, but no actual responses), so ... Thanks. Enjoy, I guess. :-)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	seascape_waves.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	405.4 KB 
ID:	45626  

*bump* Am a little disappointed that this hasn't gotten any feedback; can someone please impart their opinion as to how this looks and strikes them at first glance? Does it look "professionally" done, et cetera ... ? As I've said in other earlier posts, I'm constantly striving to improve my craft. I think this one turned out pretty good, considering that this was my first (well, technically speaking, third) attempt at doing a seascape. Thanks!

i think your ''signature'' ruins the painting and distracts the eye.
    Guys, I don't just do paintings and drawings, I like a bit of photography too! Check my website -> http://mollielovesduckies.tumblr.com.

I like the color depth in the blue sky and the birds, and the clouds and rocks look ok, but I just don't think the whole painting works for you. My immediate impression was that there was no real focus of interest. Also, you might want to use another technique when painting the waves -- right now they have a lot of energy but to me they don't look real, more fuzzy than splashy, and another color than brown for the waves might evoke the feeling of water a bit better.

Maybe if you posted your painting in the Critiques section of the Forum, you might get some more responses.
    Last edited by marcialsj; 06-24-2010 at 06:28 AM.

Since you asked for comments - I would offer that the shape of the bottom two waves is too uniform. I think correcting that would make a significant improvement.
    My Gallery:

http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/2939
    Deviant Art Gallery: