ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drawing Day 2010

Drawing Day 2010

Did a quick scan through the latest thread titles and could not see one about this. Is a little late for some of us around the globe but June 5 is/was World Drawing Day.

u must be yoking who thought that one up?? the post card people

Not Joking

This is at least the second year that I have heard of it. What is wrong with a day that encourages all to take up an art tool of any kind , create an image and share it. Creativity is something to encourage, celebrate and foster.

In the UK there is an annual event called the Big Draw, that comprises a week of organised events. It encourages individuals and organisations to set up activities to raise the profile and importance of getting folk drawing. Now what can be bad about that?

October time.

EDIT - make that a month of activities, not a week

Big Draw 2010
    Nick Harris Artwork
    http://nickillus.com

New system as of April 2011
    i5 quad core - Asus P7P55LX
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    8gig DDR3 RAM
    Wacom intuos 3 A5
    Radeon 512mb graphics card

I have heard of The Big Draw. It has spread from the UK to other parts of the globe. The museum in my town in Australia held drawing sessions during The Big Draw (two years ago - I think) and I took my daughter along. She had a great time drawing various objects on display.

World Drawing Day seemed like a similar idea - encouraging anyone to use any media (digital included) to create more than a million drawings on one specific day and have these upload to many different art forums or display sites.

sorry guys I must be an old cynic, but it still seems like a money

spinning exercise i wish u luck

Quote Originally Posted by eighty+ View Post
    sorry guys I must be an old cynic, but it still seems like a money

spinning exercise i wish u luck
    It's not like it's a Valentines day, where companies expect people to go out buy cards, flowers and chocolates to give to artists or something. If anything, some stores may see an increase in art supply sales from those who didn't happen to have a sheet of paper and a pencil laying around to draw on for the event.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Quote Originally Posted by art novice View Post
    This is at least the second year that I have heard of it. What is wrong with a day that encourages all to take up an art tool of any kind , create an image and share it. Creativity is something to encourage, celebrate and foster.

Very well put, Art. With all that's wrong in the world, this is something positive that should be encouraged, not cynically dismissed by knee-jerk negativity that helps no one. How sad...

The OP also thought that it was an attempt to make money-how terminally cynical is that? (Not to mention that Drawing Day is a volunteer effort.)

this cynical O P is happy that DB is going to sort out the wrongs of this world, this is something positive, that should be encouraged, not cynically dismissed, by knee-jerk negativity that helps no one

money making , well hush my mouth how many scam's have we seen??

Globle volunteer effort with no one organizing this I must see
    regards cynical O P

Quote Originally Posted by eighty+ View Post
    this cynical O P is happy that DB is going to sort out the wrongs of this world, this is something positive, that should be encouraged, not cynically dismissed, by knee-jerk negativity that helps no one

money making , well hush my mouth how many scam's have we seen??

Globle volunteer effort with no one organizing this I must see
    regards cynical O P

Welcome to my ignore list.

BTW-prunes will help your apparently sour disposition, Mr. Negativity!