ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: my oil pratice??

my oil pratice??

oil pratice after seeing at-ta oil paintings I thought better have a go as in the past was allways careful with oil paint my Jewish Blood so I've imported a image a little girl I took photo in mall she had stopped to stare wondering what was behind that hair. just put few touches in gave her a blue coat and some highlights but its good practice and I think it will help when I start splashing the oil around I tried resizing the painting and the canvas the result my fav; half a head can I get it back suggestions thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2010_0605chinesegirl0019.JPG 
Views:	74 
Size:	57.6 KB 
ID:	45551  

Ooooh! LIKE! If you are sometimes going to be using photos as a foundation, some experiments with layers and blend modes may prove interesting. Likewise fiddling the opacity of your upper layers. Enjoy. . .

thanks doc I'd like to be able to say yeah I'll do that ! but I have'nt a clue what u mean sorry

thought I'd bung this one in I was thinking of Degas as i had done a few of his in the past, could'nt find them, my mate might have had them but too late he's kicked the bucket

I said you naf got long legs, she said, so what you try sitting on a rickety old chair in the nudy I said at least I put the heater on for you, yeah she said thanks for that and putting my right arm on I was feeling lobsided
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	remebering Degas.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	99.5 KB 
ID:	45581