ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Patrol ship (ArtRage + SketchUp)

Patrol ship (ArtRage + SketchUp)

A concept ship created with ArtRage Pro Studio and SketchUp 7. I created the base mesh in SketchUp, rendered some stills in Kerkythea and composed everything into the base for the painting process. Too bad I'm traveling and working with a cheap notebook, so I can't really judge the gamma, which I can only guess is quite probably wrong

More info on this process are present in the blog post about it : http://lostconnectionblog.blogspot.c...trol-ship.html

(please watch at full size, the attached image looks so grainy! )
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	patrol_ship.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	247.4 KB 
ID:	45524  

Hi Andrea,
    Great work,the gamma isn't too bad(bit dark) on my screen anyway.Good use of Sketchup,well done!

Thanks mate I'm glad you like it

Amazingly lifelike details - looks just like the mechanical plans and blueprints for production.
    My Website - SkylarArt.com
    "Beauty Draws those who Draw Beauty" - Skylar

Andrea

This is simply mind blowing.

I did have a question...
    Did you use some kind of dodge and burning for the sepia background?
    How did you acheive that effect, just curious.

Mike
    Mbrienza

@L Skylar Brown : thanks man

@PICASO41 : what do you mean, exactly? The only image processing I did in Paint.Net was a bit of curves and levels tweaking, image resizing and a bit of unsharp mask on the resized image. Everything else was painted in ArtRage over the SketchUp model. The background is a composition of a background plain color layer, a second layer with some painted mess, a third layer with a texture, a fourth layer with that same texture but a different blending mode, a fifth layer with some more detailing and painting -- everything inside of a group and merged down when I was pretty sure it was not going to change again I don't remember all of the blending modes but I think they were mainly multiply, overlay and color dodge. I hope it helps!

Andrea

Thank you very much for the info, it was very helpful

Mike
    Mbrienza

You're welcome Mike

It looks like You are producing a sort of modern version of Leonardo da Vinci codes with drawngs of his innovative concepts of machines, devices and gears!
    Amazing quest for perfection! No matter how cheap Your notebook is, dear Andrea; You cannot but end up with an incredible stunner!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Your work is very professional, very elaborate and well done