ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Moving a Selection

Red face Moving a Selection

When you are creating a sticker sheet and you have made a selection around an image on the layer, Transformed it and you are back on the original selection, what is the key command for moving the selection to the next image so you can then transform it as well?

Thanks so much,
    Karen

If you have selected a sticker for transformation on a layer that has more than one sticker, pressing TAB will select the next sticker on that layer for transformation, SHIFT + TAB will select the previous
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Hi Dave,
    I have attached a picture to show what is happening. I watched a great tutorial on creating a sticker sheet , however I got lost when the Transform tool was used and then the Selection Tool.

All the letters are flattened and I have made a selection, then I select the Transform tool to move the image into one of the blocks. Now, how do I get back to the original selection and move it to another image so I can continue to sort the images out.

Hope this makes sense.

Kind regard,
    Karen
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2010-06-02_1916.png 
Views:	85 
Size:	308.3 KB 
ID:	45512  

When I tried Ctrl-Tab it did not work, just tried it again and it does! ...

Thank much !
    Karen

Once you've selected the area, as you have done in your screen shot, you need to use the Transform Tool to move the selected area (the Transform Tool is circled in red in the attached image below). Once you have moved the selected area, you will need to hit your Enter key (on your keyboard) or click outside of the transformation box (the box with the circular knobs) or right click within the transformation box and select the option to "Apply Transformation".

(EDIT) - I really need to start refreshing the threads before posting to them. That or I shouldn't open so many at a time.

Name:  junkit.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  43.0 KB
    Last edited by Someonesane; 06-03-2010 at 03:45 PM.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Yep, got that, in your wonderful tutorial, I noticed you went back and forth from Transform to Selection, but lost the key strokes you used. Thanks so much, now I can move on!

Cheers,
    Karen