ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Color Picker on the Fly.....!!!

Lightbulb Color Picker on the Fly.....!!!

Whoa, got to hand it to the Rage Team!
    This might be an easter egg, or maybe I just haven't read the manual properly..
    but I discovered this by accident and was VERY pleasantly surprised!!

Just press down the stylus tip (left click mouse) while pressing ctrl+alt...and VOILA!!!
    Instant color Picker at the cursor!!

I tried to print screen to show an image of my happy accidental discovery, but the color picker doesn't get 'picked' in the print screen, so you'll just have to try this by your selves!
    But try it you must!!!

cheers,
    fly
    The more hair I lose, the more head I get.

Great guns alive... thats bleeding marvelous!!!Thanks for pointing this feature out Fly - its very handy indeed

Also if you set a button on an Intuos Tablet to Modifier and select Cntrl and Alt you can just push one button and click with the pen.

~John

Quite good......

It's been in there since the release of AR3. You'll find information for it on page 21 of the manual and how to call it onto screen by shortcuts on page 64. Another useful shortcut while using the popup color picker is to hold down the Shift key to freeze the color pointer on the color you want, so it doesn't drift while lifting your pen.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

This picker was added as a result of us wanting to challenge ourselves to produce a colour picker that allowed you to select H, L, and S in a single mouse drag and release. We should probably be advertising this feature more!
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

I never knew about this color picker! This one's going to get a lot of use from me for sure. (I especially like the "home" button on the bottom in case you change your mind.)
    Cat Boxes, a web comic

Is this feature for Studio Pro version only? It doesn't work in my Studio (ver. 3.0.7, Wacom Bamboo Fun tablet)

Quote Originally Posted by Null View Post
    Is this feature for Studio Pro version only? It doesn't work in my Studio (ver. 3.0.7, Wacom Bamboo Fun tablet)

According to the PDF comparison list (found on the ArtRage Features page), both ArtRage Studio and ArtRage Studio Pro 3 have the feature.

Be sure to hold down Ctrl and Alt (Cmd and Alt for Mac users). If you're using a mouse, left click and hold the button down to keep the Color Picker on screen (you may release the Ctrl and Alt keys at this point, but do not release the mouse button until you've chosen your color). If you're using a drawing tablet, touch the pen to the canvas and keep the pen on the tablet surface to bring the Color picker up (you may release the Ctrl and Alt keys at this point, but do not lift your pen off the tablet until you've chosen your color).
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Someonesane, I did so, but it still doesn't work =\