Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sketch book - feel free to comment

A selection of noses and beards.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nose and Beards.JPG 
Views:	174 
Size:	202.8 KB 
ID:	46135  

A study on how changing the sizes and position of the features change the look of a character.

Name:	Facial features.JPG 
Views:	169 
Size:	154.6 KB 
ID:	46160  

Men and women hair styles. Must keep chugging away aiming for a sketch book page a day (child willing) and hopefully I'll develop a nice cartooning style. I intend to do true proportional stuff as well at some point, as that will help to improve my cartoon people.

Name:	Hair styles men.JPG 
Views:	137 
Size:	226.7 KB 
ID:	46201   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hair styles women.JPG 
Views:	192 
Size:	220.1 KB 
ID:	46202  

Working through How to draw Cartoons by Adam Clay and Cartooning byy Franklin Bishop. This is a page which contains reference drawings from the book - expressions and drawing special effects - so only posting a cut and past version so I don't infringe on copywrite too much as they are drawn straight from the book. The rest of my sketch book is using the chapters in the book as a base for my own learning.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Argh hands and hands and hands

Ok hands even cartoon hands are annoying things to draw so I did a page found in tedious so I made myself do another page. I trawled through comic stripes and how to draw books ect to try and get many hand positions.

Name:	Argh hands.JPG 
Views:	19246 
Size:	161.3 KB 
ID:	46309   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	and more hands.JPG 
Views:	225 
Size:	165.9 KB 
ID:	46310  

hi chibi how do u get your sketchbook stuff to post do u have to print it first or what??? would like to know regards E+

Hi there at the moment my sketch book pages are done on paper then I scan them in to put them up to post. If they are coloured I do that with art rage, which I then export as a jpeg then post on here.

Sadly my kiddo is going through a sparked out midday phase so my evening drawing is in a little bit of limbo at the moment as Kiddy is awake (.

thanks Chibi for info when u say scan does that mean through the printer??? hold on is that the little one I can hear crying u better go ok

No not a printer, I have a image scanner at home so I am able to put my images onto the computer. The link below will take you to an article that will explain scanners in more detail.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image_scanner

What I do is draw on paper then scan it in. I import the image to artrage if I am wanting to add colour. To add colour I turn the layer that has the scaned image to a multiply blend layer which allows me to make a new layer underneath that I can paint on. (can't explain how layers work I just pick up tecniques from reading Imagine FX and listening to pod casts and watching on line tutorials ect)

As I go on in my sketch book I will eventually get to developing characters so more artrage painting will take place. This sketch book is kind Of a self study book for myself.

Oh gosh don't get me started on the toddler he's had more ups and downs today than a yo yo, my poor brain go pop.
    Last edited by Chibi J; 07-10-2010 at 12:59 PM.

Chibi great work.