ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: PS cloud brushes

Thanks Kenmo, good site!
    "All are about quiet and light." Dany
    Daily Studio Notes , Daniela Ionesco-Fine Art

I accept critics only from friends,
    how about You ?

I love the brushes on this site, BUT, the ones I most want are intended to be used as hi-res stamps or stencils (stk files?) rather than as "brushes" (prs files?). Is there any straightforward way to load these as high-res .stk files?

Hey Doc,
    I'd made a couple of cloud brushes that can be used as interactive stickers and not PS 'stamps'.
    Since they were generated from someone's original PS brushes (free for personal use, but not for re-distribution) I haven't uploaded them here.
    If you PM me your email, I can mail them to you.
    Last edited by flyashy; 06-03-2010 at 08:51 AM.
    The more hair I lose, the more head I get.

The more hair I lose, the more head I get.

I am so frustrated I could cry.

I can't understand why I'm having such a problem with the import photoshop brushes. I tried importing brushes from the site mentioned above and get only one file despite the fact it says there are 10 brushes in it. Is this a process brush that has been mentioned?

I tried adding Andrea's Rake brushes which he made specifically for ArtRage3 and I got the folder with the brushes in it in my User Content folder, but when I click on the Preset pod and click on Andrea Rake, there brushes don't appear to exist.

I haven't a clue as to why I am having so much trouble. How I miss a Live Chat option. Wish there was a way someone could talk me through the process and help me troubleshoot the problem.
    Last edited by LogicsHere; 06-03-2010 at 01:39 PM.
    LogicsHere (Betty)
    http://bettylogic.50webs.com (Welcome to Betty's Place)
    http://logicmgmt.com/1876/splash.htm (1876 Victorian England Revisited)

Hi Betty,

Here's how to import the brushes from the file you downloaded from the site above:

1/ After downloading the file ( Clouds___volume___1_by_MiloArtDesign.abr ) from the website, launch ArtRage, and select the sticker spray tool

2/ Click on the 'Presets' pod to open the presets panel for the sticker spray.

3/ Select the group you want to import the new brushes to. If you want to import the new brushes to a new group, click the menu icon in the preset panel and select 'Add Preset Group'.

4/ Click the menu icon in the presets panel and select 'Import Photoshop brush' then select the file you downloaded and click 'Open'

5/ You will see a progress bar as ArtRage scans the file for brushes. When this has completed, you'll see a list of all of the brushes in the file in a window titled 'Select brushes'. You can select a single brush, or multiple brushes ( click on a single brush / ctrl + click on multiple individual brushes or click on the top brush and shift + click on the bottom brush to select all of them, just like selecting multiple files in Windows or OS X ) then click OK.

6/ After a pause to import the brushes, you should see them listed in the preset panel in the currently selected preset group.

If this doesn't help, please feel free to email me at support@artrage.com with the details and I'll be happy to work through it with you to find out what is causing the problem for you.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Well Betty, thanks for your frustration and thus your asking... I have a dreadful aversion to reading manuals and so I didn't know how to do this myself.

And thank you Dave for your concise directions - its a happy moment to find out how easily things can be done when you know how

...and now I that I see these cloud brushes are in fact little cloud shaped stamps, I wonder how on earth you get them to stamp in a specific orientation??
    Perhaps they ought to be Stickers rather than brushes?
    They seem quite useless to me like this but perhaps someone can explain their usefulness...?

thanks
    Rowena.

Dave,

Thank you for your assistance. Today was the first opportunity I had to try out your instructions. It worked. I was missing two pieces to the puzzle, the creating of the Add Preset Group and the Selecting of the brushes and clicking OK.
    LogicsHere (Betty)
    http://bettylogic.50webs.com (Welcome to Betty's Place)
    http://logicmgmt.com/1876/splash.htm (1876 Victorian England Revisited)