ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Couple newbie questions

Couple newbie questions

Hi, I love artrage - just purchased my first version (3) well done with watercolor!

Q's: --I install to my E: drive instead of C:, because everything is partitioned and C is limited on space for windows. Still, I see that there are folders that default to getting installed into C - is there a way to change this?

--I'm having some trouble bringing user created color pickers and such, and seems some of the instructions pertain to old versions. Is there an updated thread for 3?

--Some user created color palettes (images) are not the same shape as the color picker of course, so colors in parts of the image get cut off. Is there a way to make a 'blank' color picker then import the image, and eyedropper colors from the image into the blank picker?

Sorry if these have been answered elsewhere, I've been searching but just not finding. thanks in advance...

Welcome to the forums!

The Document and Settings folder is the default folder for user created content for applications in Windows, and at this time it's not possible to change that within ArtRage. ArtRage by default only puts its settings files and any user data that the user specifically chooses to store there.

I've updated this thread to include Studio and Studio Pro regarding importing colour pickers and other resources - http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...ad.php?t=18574

Regarding the custom colour picker, there's not really a way to do exactly that, but this might help. Firstly, you can find information on importing and creating custom colour pickers on page 66 of the ArtRage User Manual ( Help -> ArtRage Help ).

You could import an image you want to use as a custom colour picker, then create a new custom colour picker by doing the following. Open the custom colour picker collection panel via the View menu, click 'New' and choose the area of the imported image on your canvas you wish to use. If you can't fit everything you want into the picker, you could resize the image, or zoom out, then create the new picker in order to fit more in.

You can also use the colour samples panel to sample specific colours from an image and add them to a list. See page 68 of the manual for a description of this feature - it might be what you're looking for.

I hope that's of some help, let us know if you're unsure.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Some user created color palettes (images) are not the same shape as the color picker of course, so colors in parts of the image get cut off. Is there a way to make a 'blank' color picker then import the image, and eyedropper colors from the image into the blank picker?
    Here's a template for a custom color picker. Fill in the green spaces with whatever colors you want, then put it in your User Color Pickers folder (from the Menu bar, select Tools: User Content: Open User Color Pickers folder, then drag-and-drop the custom picker; you may have to restart ArtRage).

If you are on a PC, you can use this handy utility that will make a very nice picker from a .col file:
    http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...ad.php?t=26914
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by terrygillooly; 05-31-2010 at 07:05 PM.
    Cat Boxes, a web comic

Questions answered, thank you very much!!

That utility is pretty awesome! Thanks for that.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design