ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: 2.6: the mouse scroll wheel

2.6: the mouse scroll wheel

just this week upgraded to 2.6, and unless i've completely lost my mind, the scroll wheel functions in the opposite way. in 2.5.WhateverIHad rolling the wheel toward me was like pulling the canvas toward me: it zoomed in. rolling the wheel away was like pushing away from my canvas: it zoomed out. once i upgraded, and figured out how to change it back to zooming in with just the mouse wheel, it seems to zoom out when i roll the wheel toward me, in when i push it away.

is there a way to change that back to towards me is zoom in, away zoom out? i mean, i'm certain i'll learn to adjust, but in the meanwhile, it's kinda making me crazy. (but not crazy in the good way where my art is better for it. lol)
    using
    ar 2.6
    windows vista 64

Hi Hanhepi. Sorry for the inconvenience. Unfortunately the standard for supporting multitouch input means that we had to change to roll up = zoom in, roll down = zoom out ( and by default make the mouse wheel pan the document up and down ).

It sounds like you've already found this option, but just in case: If you're having to use ctrl+ mousewheel to zoom ( another multitouch standard ), go to Edit -> Preferences -> Ctrl / Cmd Mousewheel = Zoom and uncheck it. This doesn't reverse the zoom however.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

just good to know i hadn't lost my mind! XD i'm already adapting to it (the scroll-zoom thing being backwards, not my decent into madness. lol), so it's not really an inconvenience.