ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Help with colouring a black and white drawing

Help with colouring a black and white drawing

Okay I'm being dumb but...ops:

I imported a black and white jpg into Artrage, I want to colour on layers underneath it, but keep its black lines, how do I make the white go transparent??
    According to the manual I can just select " transparent paper" but I don't see that as a paper option. I've tried converting my line drawing layer to Cell, but the white remains.

Help!!!
    All your wowwipops are belong to us

Gallery
    View images
    Isnt the transparent paper option called cel? Cant you turn down the opacity on that layer? Not sure if this helps.
    You can view all my other artwork here http://spookyjules.blogspot.co.uk/

Thanks Jules but I tried that all it does is grey out the black line... :x :evil:

Gallery
    View images
    first of all..is it really important that the color layer is beneath the bw image? if not, use the technique of sweedie: http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...pic.php?t=3159

else...
    you must make the white in the jpg transparent with another programm like Photoshop or gimp... and save it as a png. then you can load it as a tracing image and change it to a paint layer...

i would prefer the first method for my chase..

greez
    M.Siegrist

Artrage 2.6 & Wacom Intuos 3 A5
    XP SP2

cool I'll try that

Works like a charm

Muchos Gracias