Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My First Illustration

Sandra, the result you've achived is so magical as it is, I doubt outlining would add anything of value. You're right where you need to be.

Thanks so much Doc. I have been away most of the day. I cannot wait to finish this fun first page. Dog blends in with the carpet and there is a faint line from somewhere. The bed lost the pixels and detail when I converted from png to jpg.

Beautiful scenario Alexandra. Wonderful soft colors. The dog is a winnerCongratulations.

your illustration is very nice and there are so many things happening in the picture) so many animals and nice patterns on the textiles)) cool birdie behind the window. really nice details. that is my concept too that i want to put many details. children love to look around and make comments and talk about things they see with the parents. good luck with the progress!
    r

Dear Oriane, I am so thrilled that you approve. Just wait until I had the magic that I want to add to it!

Rozalek, Thanks so much!!!! Your comments and suggestions have been so encouraging! I am so happy that you like it!

Very good, kind picture. Excellently!
    choosing the words, we lose thoughts
    facebook, B, tumblr

haha..love to see so many pets and kids around the house. must be fun and lots of works too. great start and very nice illustrated. i like it

Hi Michael! Thanks so much dear friend!

Dear Pai, so happy always to see you back! Thanks so much for your nice comment! I can't wait to re-do the layers and enhance them. I have had some great tutorial advice from so many nice folks here!

Alex just a thought make wall colour as per curtains with stars, curtains
    as wall colour more folds and little motive fleur-d-l ?? I think that would enhance the room view and window brighter just a thought
    keep smiling ( fun stickers on walls children's room )

Hi Eighty+! Thanks for your suggestion. I am going to begin my new layers soon. I love to have vivid colors and colors that work together, and this is not what I wish for in the color department, nor my style. You can view my gallery and see what type of effects that I like.
    When I first started sketching the story, I didn't plan it well-I scanned in my image and began coloring. I should have trace-sketched the first layer for the background and so forth and then deleted the original as instructed by Tomas. Also, through helpful suggestions I should make it smooth surfaced also.
    So I have been taking notes and looking forward to doing it correctly. I lost detail when converting to jpeg. I had stars on the curtains like the bedspread. On the bed they are shooting stars. All will be much better when I re-do it. I think you have a terrific idea.
    Last edited by Alexandra; 06-01-2010 at 03:17 PM.