ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My First Illustration

My First Illustration

Okay, here goes! This is the first page of my first illustration for someone other than myself-so I am trying so hard to make it the best that I can. This is for a story of a beautiful little boy of a family of one of our dear members-Mr. Robert Wade. I am so thrilled that they have considered me.
    I wish to enhance and improve this page. I have my sketches complete in my sketchbook, but it is much different when I go to do it on my computer.

Keep in mind, this is not finished-I just wanted to post it as is for you all to see and advise.
    I am aware of the line and the boo-boo's-I will be making new layers and adding a lot of enhancements soon.

You are welcome to PM me if you wish also.

Many thanks forum mates.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Alexandra; 05-28-2010 at 04:18 AM.

Sandra, I love this! Even the wonky perspective is perfect for a child's book.

I concur with Doc. The images and style are perfect for the material. I'm not sure I can see anything to change.
    My Website - SkylarArt.com
    "Beauty Draws those who Draw Beauty" - Skylar

Thanks Doc and Skylar. I colored all in artrage 3 pro and really wanted to outline this. I tried tracing as Tomas had so brilliantly suggested, but no matter how hard I tried, I could not get the 1% to be defined and dark enough. Maybe the old mac here is just being difficult. I had a lot of great suggestions from our forum mates also concerning the outlining, and wanted to say thank you.
    I really appreciate your support guys, it means the world to me! I really want the best that I can produce for this lovely couple and their children.

Hi Sandra,
    Very nice image,I think you have been improving while I have been away
    I will PM you.

Thanks Scott, I have some mistakes that need correcting and look forward to learning from your tips!

Alexandra, this is just wonderful, so suitable as has been said for a childs book , clap, clap, clap, clap

Very good try, Sandy, love the cats around and the whole scene oozes piece and joy..

A month ago I went on my twice yearly 650 mile trek to visit my daughter, Valerie, and her family in Minnesota. While there, she showed me some ideas she has for some short children's books about things that had actually happened in her life centered around her children. She also had some rough drawings for the first story. She asked me how to proceed and, after an initial idea about an illustrator, I had a better idea and showed her Sandy's work. She fell in love with the "magical quality" of Sandy's work and asked me to contact her. Graciously, Sandy agreed to take on the project.
    Obviously, it was a wonderful decision. Sandy has managed to infuse this image with the loving atmosphere of my daughter's family while adding a personal style that works admirably within the genre.
    Thank you, my Dear Friend.

Jean, I really appreciate your kindness! Here it is needing so much work and to read that you love it already makes my day! Many thanks kind lady!

AT, I am so happy that you think so! I will keep posting my updates and hope that you like them as well. Thanks so much!

Dear Bob, I am so happy to be able to work with you all and also learn in the process. This has been a dream of mine for so long! I hope that I please you and your family as much as this has pleased me! Please feel free to express your ideas, it will be my pleasure working together with such wonderful people.