ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Problem with importing Photoshop File

Problem with importing Photoshop File

I use Art Rage Studio Pro 3.0.7 with OS X 10.6.3 and I am trying to import a Photoshop CS2 file... I am only getting the error message: This layered Photoshop file was not saved with a composite image... what the hell is that supposed to tell me? Art Rage says it is compatible with photoshop files! The image has a transparent backround and that is exactly what I need! If I render the Image down to a white backround then it works... but what is the import good for if I can't take the layers with me... I am frustrated and disappointed... that burned 3 hours of my time with no result! Can anyone be any help for me? thanx in advance...

The error is indicating that your photoshop file has not been saved in a compatible format. It sounds like you saved without compatibility mode on, which means Photoshop doesn't save data often used by other compatible programs to open PSD files.

Here's a link that will explain a bit more that came up in a quick web search on the error message: http://www.smartcomputing.com/TECHSU...&ErrorID=27863

Save in compatibility mode (RGB colour) and the file should be able to be loaded. If it is not, please send a note to us at support@artrage.com and we can take a look at it.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.