ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Interface Control Tint Color issue?

Interface Control Tint Color issue?

I wanted to change the lim green to something like a neutral gray, but when I select a gray, and hit OK out of the AR Prefs box, all of the areas that were lime green are now white.

is there something I'm missing in what this interface parameter does and how it does it?

"Use current paint color" doesn't fare any better...even if I select black, the areas that were lime are still white.

thanks!

archer
    Last edited by archer; 05-20-2010 at 02:08 PM. Reason: wanted to add more information to my question

When you select an interface tint colour which has low saturation ( black, white, grey ), in ArtRage Studio / Studio Pro, it will always use white for things like sliders and dials as otherwise you would lose the contents of your sliders and dials against the grey background of these interface elements. You'll also notice that if you choose grey / black / white that the tool picker retains the default highlight colours around the tools for the same reason.

This was something that came up in Beta before we initially released Studio and Studio Pro, so we made this change to prevent people from not being able to see their interface properly.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

I had a feeling it was something like that...

my goal is to get an interface that is more neutral; the art I'm working on has all the color I need, and the choices in the prefs pane are mostly "loud" colors. the one neutral grey choice in there "blue dusk" ends up looking pretty weak.

is there no way for me to get a strong, neutral gray?

archer

For all elements other than those that have default grey backgrounds and thus require some kind of tint to indicate selection state, you can have a neutral grey by selecting grey as your UI tint colour.

If you don't want to see the tool highlight, you can collapse the tool picker to a pod, that way you won't see the selected tool highlight.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.