ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Question regarding AR3.0.7

Question regarding AR3.0.7

Hi,

I have been trying to download the update but there seems something strange about the file. The file size is 52.2 MB... is that correct?

Rowena

Quote Originally Posted by Rowena View Post
    Hi,

I have been trying to download the update but there seems something strange about the file. The file size is 52.2 MB... is that correct?

Rowena
    The file size seems correct. What exactly is 'strange' about the file? What happens when you click on the file to open it? Any error messages?

Cheers

Doug

Hi Doug,

It downloaded in an unusual way - said the file was O Bytes, then downloaded 52.2MB. Then it said it was corrupted so I trashed it and begun again from scratch - it took a longer time than expected but scrolled at high speed and now I have tried to install it and all appears to be OK but in the end when I check - the previous version of AR remains unchanged

When I try to re-install it it offers me the option to repair or modify - I choose repair but nothing changes. I can only guess I have unwittingly installed it to the wrong place, but the correct folder was selected so I cant think how or why...

How frustrating...

If you still have the installer, launch it and check the version number listed in the license. If it doesn't say 3.0.7 then it's the wrong installer for some reason. If that's the case, redownload the installer before following the next step.

Another thing to do is disable any download accelerator you have running before downloading the update. Some download accelerators interfere with our download system and can cause problems.

To solve the repair message, uninstall ArtRage before installing the new one to make sure the old version is cleared out. The installer doesn't remove any of your custom content so you should be fine.

Uninstalling should remove old references to files that will be interfering with the update.

If that doesn't work, drop us a mail to support@artrage.com and we'll look in to the details with you.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

downloading 3.0.7

that almost sounds like my problem, except that I get nothing at all. When I click on the link, it seems as though the link is opening (for about 4 to 5 minutes), then nothing: only a blank tab (screen) at best - at worst I get a message to check the forum for references to the error.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

colorfrk - It sounds like you are having a different problem to me. Best to create separate topics to avoid confusion.

Check that you have:

1/ Disabled any download accelerators and download managers you may be running ( as these can break downloads from time to time )
    2/ When you click on the download link you are choosing to 'save' rather than 'open' the file

If you are still having a problem downloading, please email me at support@artrage.com with the following details:

1/ Exact text of any error message you're seeing
    2/ What browser you're using
    3/ What version of 3.0.7 you're downloading ( Windows or OS X )

I should be able to help you from there.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Colorfrk, are you using Opera?... they have this annoying automatic download booster which Matt said is likely to be interfering with the file - you can switch it off bottom left of page.

Matt, I had copied my existing AR3 folder into a backup folder - just in case...
    Must I first delete this?
    ..perhaps this is why the update will not install properly.
    I had wanted to keep it safely on one side until I was sure the update installed properly because I am concerned about it being faulty. Maybe it isn't, but I don't know till I try. I did check that the version is the correct one.

Copying it to a backup folder should be fine as long as you didn't delete the original folder without unistalling.

At this point, if you go to install and get a repair prompt, choose to repair, then check the version you have installed (in the About Box). If it's not 3.0.7, make sure you have the 3.0.7 installer and install that, that should solve the problem. If files get moved the Windows Installer can get a bit confused sometimes!
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

OK, I did as suggested and choose to repair, and all went accordingly. I also made sure that the installer was 3.0.7.
    But when I go to fire up AR - it lists itself as 3.0.6!

So it hasn't installed, even though the file size and number is correct and I have received no error messages since the latest clean install. It installs, repairs and does everything as one would expect ending...'click finish to complete setup'
    But when I go to look it hasn't changed anything

If you have run the 3.0.7 installer then 3.0.7 will be installed, but you may be launching the wrong one. Rather than complicate this thread let's shift to email and we can help directly. Please drop us a note at support@artrage.com and let me know how you are starting ArtRage now that you have installed 3.0.7.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.