ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Transparency-bug? in 3.0.7

Question Transparency-bug? in 3.0.7

The new feature,drag 'n drop works fine
    But png or gif with transparent area doesn't seem to be imported right by
    copy/paste

Hans

Could you let me know which operating system you're on and how you're copying/pasting? For example, if you're copying from another application then pasting in to ArtRage, or if you are dragging a file on to the application to import it.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Matt,

I'm using WIN7 32bits
    I'm copying by copy/paste instead of dragging a file from a folder or program.
    While dragging the file directly from folder to the canvas,it shows the transparency in png,when using copy/paste it is black.

Hans

Could you let me know which application is active when you copy? Copying from the desktop then pasting doesn't seem to do anything.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Hi,

open png or gif file in xnview ctrl+a>ctrl+c
    goto AR3>ctrl+v

Hans

I downloaded XnView to try this out and it looks like it does the same thing pasting in to 3.0.6 and also Photoshop. I would say that XnView doesn't properly support transparency in PNG files, which is a fairly common problem, so you won't be able to paste in to anything and have the transparency intact.

If you want to load a PNG file in to an ArtRage painting with transparency intact, use the Import Image File to Layer option in the File Menu, that should load it correctly.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.