ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Dark skin?

Dark skin?

I think it would be great to add a second and darker skin to ArtRage (a dark grey, basically). Something in the style of ZBrush for instance (I'm talking only about color scheme). I'm sure that having the chance of choosing a light or dark skin would make ArtRage a lot more appealing and sexy

... and since I'm in the suggestions forum I link to my other ideas :
    unsharp mask & transform tool
    eraser
    brush engine

Agree, I like dark shades too

Yep something in those shades would be awesome. I don't think that creating an alternate dark version of the graphic resources for the GUI would require too much efforts (though of course we can't know for sure).

I think a lot of people thinks ArtRage is "a toy" cos of the cute gui (which I love anyway). Generations of artists are used to the austerity of Photoshop and Painter and are usually diffident toward alternative GUI (Kai's ones are an example). I think that having the same GUI but in darker version would improve the situation -- and it would also makes us both happy

Yes Please, but with one very important feature

Yes, I would definitely like a darker skin, particularly replacing existing large white space areas and backgrounds like in the pods etc
    This would make the GUI alot more tolerable when working on the computer for long periods of time. (I struggle with PC snow blindness, particularly areas of white)

An essential feature that could be offered with various AR skin(s) provided, would be a hue slider! The AR tints and shades would be locked, but the hue could be adjusted to anything a user likes...

(Maybe there could be some sort of tint slider as well, that could be used when the hue and shade is locked)
    Last edited by iceaxe; 11-27-2011 at 04:09 PM.
    If I were marooned on a desert island, please air drop me a copy of Artrage 5.0! (Plus a laptop and solar panel)

Mmm for me the current color of interface is fine.

Andrea suggested any changes as a second option. I imagine that AR would choose to retain the existing skin as the default, because of its popular appeal etc
    If I were marooned on a desert island, please air drop me a copy of Artrage 5.0! (Plus a laptop and solar panel)