ArtRage 2.2 Free Edition Released.
We're pleased to announce the availability of the ArtRage 2.2 Free Edition for Windows (2k, XP, Vista) and OS X (10.3.9 upward, PPC or Intel, Universal Binary).
To download ArtRage 2.2 Free Edition: Go to the ArtRage Downloads Page. From there, you can download the Free Version directly.
For information on the Full Edition of ArtRage 2.2, check out the annoucement thread.
The following features have been added to the Free Edition of ArtRage with the release of 2.2:
Mac OS X Universal Binary: ArtRage 2.2 OS X is now a Universal binary for PPC and Intel Macs. It will run on OS X version 10.3.9 or higher.
Felt Pen Options: We have enabled the tool settings of the Felt Pen so that you can play around with more detailed pens.
Magnified Precise Cursors: There is a now an option in the Preferences Menu to magnify the Precise Cursor to make it more visible.
Color Sampler: Added options to the color sampler to sample the true paint color if required.
Tablet PC Numeric Entry: Adjusted the Tablet PC build so that using handwriting recognition to enter text in to the ArtRage numeric text entries is easier.
Progress Bar: Added a load progress bar when launching ArtRage by double clicking a file.
Show Panels Notice Fading: When you right click or press Enter to hide the panels, the notice telling you how to bring them back now fades out after a few seconds.
The following bug fixes have been included in the Free Edition:
• Fixed a bug that was preventing the Enter key okaying dialogues on OS X.
• Fixed a bug that was causing strokes to shoot off down and right when using a Genius tablet on OS X.
• Fixed some bugs that could cause the layer stack to update incorrectly when Merge All Layers was selected, or after Undo.
• Fixed a bug that could cause artifacts on the trailing end of Tablet PC strokes.
• Fixed a bug that was causing ArtRage popup menus to behave incorrectly when they overlapped each other.
• Fixed a bug that could cause empty tool settings panels to appear if tool selection was changed while the interface was hidden.
• Fixed a rare crash bug encountered when opening some Photoshop documents.
• Fixed a problem with printing whereby a black box would be printed on output with some older print drivers.
• Adjusted Canvas Rotation so that rotate and zoom happen around the centre of the screen.