ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Redo in new layer

Redo in new layer

At the risk of revealing my clumsiness, I have a suggestion.

I do some illustration work in ArtRage and usually start by quickly sketching on the base layer, then tracing over it in a new one before finally colouring it in a layer below that.

Every now and then, I start tracing over my sketches in the same layer as my sketch. Most of the time I notice pretty quickly (when it comes time to erase a line and I notice I'm erasing the sketch as well as the ink), but every now and then, when my hand is particularly steady, I get really far in the wrong layer. At that point I usually swear loudly, go for a short walk around the apartment, and then have to undo all of my tracing and detail work and start again in a different layer.

It would be very nice if, after undoing pen strokes, there were an option to re-do it in a new layer. I understand this probably violates the technical architecture of your whole undo/redo system, but if there were some way to accomodate a feature like this, I would be really, really super happy.

Quote Originally Posted by calmanny View Post
    It would be very nice if, after undoing pen strokes, there were an option to re-do it in a new layer. I understand this probably violates the technical architecture of your whole undo/redo system, but if there were some way to accomodate a feature like this, I would be really, really super happy.
    I think that is one of the best suggestions EVER.
    Cat Boxes, a web comic