ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: beginner looking for tutorial

beginner looking for tutorial

Hello, everyone:

I am brand-new to this program. Is there a tutorial that starts with a photograph and takes one through the steps of turning it into a work of art using ArtRage??

Hi Timothy,
    Forum User Briex has a good approach in the following tutorials that you might find helpful:-
    Painting as you used to Paint in Real Life
    and
    Vintage Photo from Scratch to Artrage

Also any photo you import into artrage comes in as paint and so you can just brush over the surface, you can use colours from the image itself sampling with the eyedropper (you can sample from a reference image too) or use paint colours of your choosing from the paint palette.

To make a great photo paint its a good idea to paint out the more intricate detail and make sure your shadows dont stay black (these tend to make the image look too much like the original photograph). Generally its a good idea to start with large brushes and work down to smaller sized ones. Sourcing paint colours from a colour palette is often a good idea too as photographic colour is easy to spot.

Hope this helps
    Last edited by Juz; 05-10-2010 at 12:34 PM.
    "I paint because I love to cut mats" (Arthur Alexander)

Hi, Juz

Hi, Juz:

I am sorry I did not respond sooner, but things are busy. Thank you very much for your advice. I can't wait to try it out.

Tim