ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Adding features to the eraser

Adding features to the eraser

It would be great to have a more complete and versatile eraser. In Photoshop for instance you can use any brush for the eraser and it's an immensely useful feature.

I think a nice solution would be to have :

real-world presets : based on the existing pressure and softness settings but also adding basic shape control, so that we could imitate common eraser, kneaded eraser, soft vinyl erasers, etc

and also

using any tool (or at least stickers) as erasers : maybe adding a "turn into eraser" option to the settings panel of various tools

The eraser can be a valuable drawing tool and really improve the creative process in many ways

Ditto for needing a better eraser. The main thing that is bugging me is the directionality feature. I really want to be able to turn this off and have just a basic round directionless eraser. Pleeeeeease m(_ _)m

Please add my vote for a more versatile eraser
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. (Mark Twain)

Agreed. I think the Stencils are great, and add certain possibilities that are difficult to do in other programs, but for an art program that aims to emulate the process of really painting and drawing, Artage should really feature a more sophisticated Eraser tool that allows for better textural effects.
    Check out and submit to the thread on Watercolor WIPs in Artrage-- lots of good tips and conversation
    My YouTube video tutorial series- How to Paint with Watercolors in Artrage
    Try out the free
    Artrage Pen-Only Toolbar to improve your workflow and reduce clutter
    List of other good tutorials on using watercolors in Artrage
    List of good sticker sprays for watercolor effects in Artrage

My blog- art, poetry and picture books- http://www.seamlessexpression.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    Agreed. I think the Stencils are great, and add certain possibilities that are difficult to do in other programs, but for an art program that aims to emulate the process of really painting and drawing, Artage should really feature a more sophisticated Eraser tool that allows for better textural effects.
    So...is it available now (artrage4?) It would be verrrrrry useful for lineless artwork...being able to make textured outlines with the eraser would be awesome!