ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: question for wacom cintiq 21ux users

question for wacom cintiq 21ux users

Hi,
    Im thinking about buying a Wacom Cintiq 21ux (the new intuos4 edition...). Now I already have two monitors running on my Mac Pro. Do I need a second graphics card to run the Cintiq as 3rd monitor? Does anybody run the Cintiq as 3rd monitor? Do you use a switch or something?

Thanks a lot for your answer in advance,
    Marco

Ok, apparently there aren't enough Cintiq 21ux users here. I don't have one either, I have the smaller version, and I don't have three displays either. But, for what you want to do, there is no difference between a Cintiq or any other display. For this reason, you may be better off asking this question in a Mac forum.

The general answer is, yes, if you want to use it as a third monitor, you need a second graphics card ("should work" with any recent Mac Pro). If you only want to mirror one of your existing displays, you can alternatively get a DVI splitter, but those aren't necessarily that much cheaper than a graphics card (and you are buying a Cintiq 21ux so you can afford a graphics card :P). Finally, yes you can use a switch if you only ever want two of your three displays to be active, but why would you do that after you already bought three displays?

Hi,
    thanks for your answer

Ive just ordered the Cintiq. Im gonna use it as external monitor/tablet on my Macbook Pro now - That way Ill be a bit more mobile and can also work with the Cintiq on my lap (and I dont a second graphics adapter...)

Marco

hi I'm also thinking along those lines before the jolly old reaper calls I see you've got it now, is it (fantastic) I see they have got them in my local cancom shop or online at a big saving, or is it better to buy from wacom??
    as I'll also have to get a new computer any suggestion's mac or pc laptop
    Question will the 21 be easy to use as I'm a computer thickie always pressing wrong bottons regards eighty+

blimey I see they made me a senior member I must have pressed the wrong one again