ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Custom Presets

Custom Presets

I just purchased AR3 Studio pro edition and it is a fantastic product. I have to say the Watercolor presets implementation is nothing short of amazing.

I am currently experimenting with the custom presets (*.prs) available by generous users but when I add them to the Sticker spray collection they dont seem to put down any pigment or color and the preview is white. I assume I must be doing something wrong as a search of the forums didn't reveal any other user having problems. Let me know if anyone can help.

~John

Okay I partially figured it out. I needed to put the prs files in the user tools preset folder and I was missing the custom sticker files and put them in the user stickers folder. Then those custom presets worked fine.

The other case is the custom prs that references an existing sticker will not seem to work.

~John

(EDIT) - Looks like we cross posted. I'll leave this up in case someone else needs it.

The .prs files need to go into the proper preset tool folder in order to work correctly. So, if you have a watercolor prs file, it should go into the watercolor folder within the Tool Presets folder. If you have a Sticker Spray prs file, it belongs in the Sticker Spray folder within the Tool Presets folder, and so on.

To find the correct folder for each preset easily, follow these steps (also illustrated in the attached image at the end of this post):

1. Open ArtRage Studio/Pro.
    2. Select the tool for which you have a prs file you'd like to install.

• In my example, I'll be using the Pencil Tool.
    1. With the proper tool selected, open the Preset panel.
    2. On the Preset panel there is a square tab with four horizontal lines (this is the Menu tab). Click on the Menu tab and select the option to Open User Tool Presets Folder.
    3. With the proper folder now opened, place the Preset file (prs) for the tool within it.
    4. Close ArtRage and reopen it for the preset to install.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	presetwhere.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	405.6 KB 
ID:	44821
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.