ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Artrage pulls in photo sideways!

Artrage pulls in photo sideways!

sometimes you have to tilt you cam to take a photo in landscape mode, which is what I did with the image in question.

OS X displays it in the correct orientation. ArtRage pulls it in rotated 90 degrees...

Does AR "know" from embedded information how a photo was shot?

if so, what's the command to import "as is?"

the issue with this situation is that my photo is cut off; rotating it in AR doesn't help; it merely rotates the cut-off image.

thanks!

a

None of my images have been automatically rotated upon being brought into ArtRage. Have you tried opening the image in other image editing software and if so, has the image come in at the angle you expected?

One work around for this is to create a new painting in ArtRage at the correct dimensions for the image (make sure the Roughness setting is set to 0%). Then import the image in using the Import Image File to Layer option (do not confuse this option for the Import Image File option) and rotate the imported image to it's correct position.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Yeah, photoshop pulls it in correctly.

I guess one strategy is save in another app, then pull it into AR. that worked for me on this image...

and I had used "Import image file to layer.."

oh, well..

a

Hi Archer,

Can you possibly send me an example image which will give you the incorrect orientation when imported into ArtRage and also let me know what version of OS X you're using and what version of ArtRage you're using? You can contact me directly at support@artrage.com

I can then take a look at that here for you.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

One other thought:

If you have manually rotated your canvas, that doesn't change where the 'top' of the canvas is. So, if you rotate the canvas 90 degrees, then import an image, the image will still be aligned with respect to the top of the canvas, it's just that the whole canvas has been rotated.

This may not relate to what you're describing here, but worth mentioning.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

From any other program simply copy/paste
    it will paste into a new layer and is selected on pasting
    if it is 90 dergrees angled, simply select a corner node/blob and use shift and drag to constrain the angles until it is right

Hans