ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: tablet is drawing line in the right place

tablet is drawing line in the right place

ok guys i havent been on in awhile. im still using ar2 but i got on to paint today. first time in months and when i draw with my tablet paint is about 4 inches to the right of where ive placed my pen. the mouse doesnt do this and its never happend bofore. any clues on how to fix this?

thanks
    my work- gusion85.deviantart.com

Quote Originally Posted by chambersecrets View Post
    ok guys i havent been on in awhile. im still using ar2 but i got on to paint today. first time in months and when i draw with my tablet paint is about 4 inches to the right of where ive placed my pen. the mouse doesnt do this and its never happend bofore. any clues on how to fix this?

thanks
    Hi Chamber,

There are two things easy things you can try. First, is changing the Precise Tablet Mode setting, and the other is getting ArtRage to ignore certain ink services. Here's how to test them for ArtRage 2.5.

Changing the Precise Tablet Mode setting:
    1. Open ArtRage 2.5

2. Click on the Edit tab, select Preferences and click on the Precise Tablet Mode option.

Disabling Ink Services:
    1. Close ArtRage 2.5

2. Locate your ArtRage 2.5 Resources folder.

• This should be found somewhere in your Programs folder.

• On my Vista system, the folder is found here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Ambient Design\ArtRage 2 Deluxe\Resources

3. Create a new folder within the Resource folder and name the new folder "no_ink.inf".

• Nothing else is needed here. The folder (rather, the folder name) alone will act as a trigger for the program to ignore the ink services. You may now open ArtRage 2.5 and test the results.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Either of the items Someonesane mentions could fix it. If the problem hasn't happened before it's likely due to a driver update or other change on the system causing problems with our tablet handling. Those two methods may solve it.

If you would like to try a beta of ArtRage 2.6 (where it's easier to manage ink services) please drop a note to support@ambientdesign.com with your purchase details and I can get you a test build of the new version to try.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

clicking off the precise tablet fixed it. thanks alot!
    my work- gusion85.deviantart.com

What this means (just as a matter of interest) is that your drivers are reporting that the Tablet supports a high precision input mode, but the tablet does not. We have to jump through a nubmer of hoops supporting hardware!
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.