ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: New forum

New forum

The new ImagineFX website has an ArtRage forum 8)
    http://community.imaginefx.com/forums/48/ShowForum.aspx

Of course, it pales in comparision to this smashing forum :wink: but its worth keeping an eye on.

Sort of off-putting linked thread. ArtRage is cheap because it's inexpensive? What a maroon.

Either the poster had no control over his vocabulary or he's deliberately being insulting to get people stirred up to post many rebuttals -- a talk radio technique.

Didn't want to take the time just now to register and comment in the linked thread. Plus I don't use Painter so I can't compare.

I'm sure the ImageFX site would be fun.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey
    Sort of off-putting linked thread. ArtRage is cheap because it's inexpensive? What a maroon.

Either the poster had no control over his vocabulary or he's deliberately being insulting to get people stirred up to post many rebuttals -- a talk radio technique.

Didn't want to take the time just now to register and comment in the linked thread. Plus I don't use Painter so I can't compare.

I'm sure the ImageFX site would be fun.

Thanks.
    the guy said :

"Which is best, a cut down version of painter or a cheap full piece of software? comments please?! "

Best for whom? For what? And what does he mean-cut down version of Painter? Is he referring to Painter Essentials 3 or the full Painter IX.5?
    PE3 costs around $100 and PIX.5 is around $250+, depending whether Corel has a sale on or not. The full version of ArtRage2 IS cheap, price wise. He could have worded it better.

I can't be bothered to log in either, but if I did,
    I'd tell him to try the demoes of Painter and the free ArtRage. Trying is believing.

He's trying to compare apples and oranges. Tell me, is a hammer better than a screwdriver? Just use the appropriate tools that you prefer!

:lol:

the title says: artrage vs. painter basic

so I would guess he means Painter Essentials...
    Lead Concept Artist - NDS Denmark
    Illustrator
    www.petervillumsen.com

uncomparable, but if someone asks me:

I hd painter essentials.Best way to work with that is by pressing "uninstall"
    I've been told that there's a better version since, but I won't bother.

Why registering a forum that's going to say the same things we say here? Unless they got something that's a plus, I'll stay here.
    Just say: "Rage It", because we already know it's art.

My ArtRage 3 and 4 Gallery------My Site ------- BROWSE MY BOOK

Generally I'm used to thinking of cheap as just meaning inexpensive I guess so I didn't take anything negative about the statement.

I do like the hammer and screwdriver analogy =) That's often my way of thinking when I see people debating the relative merits of software / operating systems and so on. Whatever does the job -you- need to do has got to ultimately be the best choice.

With our price tag, I think people can often have their cake and eat it. Like Painter and ArtRage? You can have both for only a little more
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Quote Originally Posted by DaveRage
    With our price tag, I think people can often have their cake and eat it. Like Painter and ArtRage? You can have both for only a little more
    You been reading my mind Dave? :lol:

That's exactly what I did. Painter is a very complete program, but it's size can be a bit unweildy. That's where ArtRage comes in with it's sense of focus and immediacy.