ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Purplish hue after exporting to Photoshop

Purplish hue after exporting to Photoshop

Whenever I export an image as a psd and then open it in PhotoShop the image has a purplish hue. Is there any reason for it and can I do anything to stop it?

I can always adjust in PS but it would be less hassle if it didn't do it at all.

Thanks,
    Windows XP (SP3), Pentium 4 @ 3GHz, 2Gb RAM. WACOM Bamboo MTE-450. ArtRage 3 Studio Pro

I'm sorry you will have to explain what colour profile means. I certainly haven't changed anything that I remember in PS. It's completely standard.
    Thanks,
    Windows XP (SP3), Pentium 4 @ 3GHz, 2Gb RAM. WACOM Bamboo MTE-450. ArtRage 3 Studio Pro

OK I just went in to PS and changed Edit/Color Settings/Settings to 'Monitor' instead of 'Custom' and that seems to have solved it.

I have no idea what this means however.

What is yours set to out of interest?

There's no such thing as "Standard" settings with PS. There's some presets it ships with, but that's all. What you're running into is the fact that AR is not color managed while PS is. The short version of what that means is that PS is going to filter your image display through one or more profiles (monitor space, working space, proofing space), while AR is just going to run the RGB numbers to the monitor without any color management tweaking. By electing monitor space, you're effectively turning off color management for the display of your painting in PS and making it work like AR.

However, you may have issues with color match should you share out your document or try to get it printed. Most inkjet drivers use some sore of color management at this point internally, converting from an assumed RGB space (most likely sRGB or AdobeRGB) to their printer space. If that sounds like greek to you, don't worry. Just know that you'll get a better match in print and sharing by converting from monitor space to sRGB in PS when you open it up. Also remember to tag your file with the sRGB profile when you save so that your RGB numbers have some sort of context separate from your machine. This way when you send your file out, or print your file to your Epson/HP/etc., you'll have the best chance of getting what you expect out of the end of the process.