ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Golem - Sketch for a Fantasy Illustration

The Golem - Sketch for a Fantasy Illustration

A few minutes and rough one to fix composition and some tones.
    any comment, correction and suggestion (i.e. about the palette to choose), would be appreciated.
    I hope You find this interesting as a step in view of possible further progress ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Golem - Fantasy Sketch.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	415.8 KB 
ID:	44574  
    Last edited by Caesar; 04-29-2010 at 01:09 AM.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

I think you constructed this composition quite well.

A lot of drama and some fine drawing in this one Caesar!

Wow...Este se ve muy bien, yo no puedo ayudar (soy aficionado) pero me gusta mucho este, espero verlo terminado pronto.

Wow... I really like it and will look forward as it nears completion....

This painting boasts a lot of skill and perfect execution dear Caesar; the Golem is wonderfully intimidating and has a very strong, almost proud presence...the soldier before him seems to shrink under his gaze. Would love to see the finished piece in your signature vibrant colors
    "We can only grow the way the wind blows...
    We can only bow to the here and now,
    or be broken down blow by blow."

- Rush

This is very fine drawing Caesar... this is what i can say for this piece...but i think you already know, what you want to do here, so i am waiting for the result....

Dear EB I'd be tempted to proceed soon to the real painting then. Thank You!

In a way I like to be a sort of modern visual storyteller and this might be a first vignette of the storyborad, dear Al. Thank You!

L'idea di procedere appena possibile, caro Javier. Grazie comunque!

Thank You, dear Sandra! Did You know the legend of the Golem? Have a look in case, it's quite intriguing. The jewish words on his front, making it come to life from clay and grow continuously means "truth". By removing the last letter, You get another jewish word, "death", which makes it decompose and dissolve.

I'm glad You would appreciate too to see it painted, dear Kenmo. I0ll possibly go on this soon. Thank You!

Dear Jessica, I could hardly deny You this pleasure. I hope I'll be able to keep up with the promises and produce an ejoyable painted version, then. Thank You! Have a look to the Golem's legend. It's quite interesting indeed!

Thank You, dear Anna! I hope the outcome will not be too disappointing for our refined artistic taste then. I still have to decide a more precise palette and a mood I'd like to evocate .....
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

This piece will be amazing dear Caesar it already is an awesome composition, can't wait to see it finished.
    "I paint because I love to cut mats" (Arthur Alexander)