ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Two speed paintings

Two speed paintings

Since it's some months I don't post an artwork here, here they come Two rough speed paintings made with basically the same brush (my custom oil one you can download here) and exploring paper textures (same stuff I wrote about in page 8 of the pdf I posted a while ago). I'm trying to escape from my usual palette and look for something different. They're nothing special but I'm learning a lot doing plenty of such fast paintings -- I do hope they'll bring me to some kind of interesting evolution

Greetings to everyone! Happy painting
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	character_concept22.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	161.5 KB 
ID:	44562   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kmc_creature_roughsketch.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	244.4 KB 
ID:	44563  

Quite nicely done! Indeed it's a promising evolution!
    The artist is the lover of Nature, therefore he is her slave and her master. - Rabindranth Tagore

Wonderful Andrea... love the new palette, especially in the first piece. The contrasting colours give the piece great drama
    "I paint because I love to cut mats" (Arthur Alexander)

I'm quite sure they will, dear Andrea!
    You're the one capable to use and learn any means and capabilities very fast to improve Your already quite impressive talent and skills!
    These two speedies are the best demonstration.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Thanks a lot to everyone, you're so kind as usual! I still find it pretty hard to work that fast and keep things rough -- my goal is to be able of defining shapes and volumes with less and less strokes, cos I'm sure it'll help me understanding them better. Even if I force myself to work fast and not spend time on details I still go after them and sometimes I ruin the rough look. Thanks again to everyone for the kind words!