ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: How about incorporating a mixer palette?

How about incorporating a mixer palette?

Corel Painter has color sets and a mixer palette to simulate the way painters really mix colors. It would be neat to see ArtRage offer this too. Using just a color wheel is not enough.

We've worked on mixing palettes in the past for other products and we've got some designs for the future that will probably fill this niche. I can't say anything more yet, but it's definitely on our roadmap!
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

I'm not one to post Internet meme, but every so often a situation of a certain magnitude simply calls for one. As such, I post the following image to describe my excitement of this information:

Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Mag, this is a very welcome suggestion!!!

Matt: I can not say anything more yet, But it's definitely On Our roadmap!!!
    Fantastic ....

Someonesane: I post The Following image to describe my excitement of this information!!!
    Excellent ...

I, for my part, I am including a link to this unpretentious study I'm doing about the mixture of colors. WOW, good news ....

Wonderful news! And Oriane your YouTube link is Great!

I would love to be able to pick up a blob of colour with the knife and mix that way.............OK!OK! I'm banned from the forums for a week
    Da go Te'
    Best to you

Peter............
    Have a listen to or buy my music : http://www.reverbnation.com/playlist...artist_3522106
    and the Aubrey Small website:http://www.aubreysmall.com/
    My Facebook page:https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010972992278

Sounds interesting! And thanks Oriane for that demo. Love the music as well!
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.

In Corel Painter there are color wells for your basic colors directly above the mixer palette. Unfortunately these color wells cannot be changed. It would be cool if in ArtRage you could even change the colors in these wells. It would be the same as a painter changing to a different set of tube colors.

Hi 357mag.... In painter you can change the wells by selecting a new colour and then Ctrl-click the well swatch (Command-click on Mac). You can save off or load your new well sets from the side menu as well as reset back to the default colours.
    "I paint because I love to cut mats" (Arthur Alexander)

Thanks for the info. I hope ArtRage someday offers this.

Kind of a newbie ArtRage user, despite having it for years! Looking to work on a proper project now and was wondering where the colour palette mixing type thing was, so very pleased to hear one is hopefully going to manifest itself soon. I guess until then I can just create a layer and smudge colours on that!