ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Old School Neon Sign Illustration

Old School Neon Sign Illustration

This is my logo done up as I would have presented it to a client. This is illustration with airbrush. Way back, I used to work for a large sign co in L.A., where I was employed in the art dept to produce prototype illustrations of customer signs that would be fabricated based on those illustrations. I won a few awards for industry designs back then. FYI- "Neon" is the generic term for lit-tube signage, but it refers specifically to the gas, neon, which glows red. The most used gas is Argon, which glows white, and is the gas in other color tubing, also. (The glass is actually tinted to produce various shades & colors.)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by L Skylar Brown; 04-27-2010 at 10:30 AM.
    My Website - SkylarArt.com
    "Beauty Draws those who Draw Beauty" - Skylar

This looks really neat!

Brilliant !! Indeed, you did a great job. I always love such kind of art. you made good sign..liked it.

Skylar... great sign.. it would definitely make me stop and shop for some great deals on Skylar Art...

Great effect skylar.
    My real name is Neal Gilbertson, AKA Gilbert Neilson, AKA Jibes.
    I'm a musician too. Please come hear my music at:
    http://www.icompositions.com/artists/jibes

Jibes - Thanks! Boy you must've been perusing the older posts. I did this way back!
    Sandy, MaryLou, John, GXH - Thank you all for the comments! I obviously didn't get to responses with this the first go-round.
    My Website - SkylarArt.com
    "Beauty Draws those who Draw Beauty" - Skylar

cool...from one old wall dog to another, nice work! I too worked for a sign company in LA at one time. Don't know if you ever remember a sign company named Truxsign? it was in east La in the city of commerce. Thats where I chewed on a few paint brushes haha Great job sir! man those were the days......