ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Does Artrage create this cryptic folder during installation?

Does Artrage create this cryptic folder during installation?

I was wondering when you install ArtRage if it deposits a cryptic folder on your hard drive. I've come to the conclusion that either ArtRage is creating this folder or else my graphics card driver is doing it.

The folder is named e72641cc5f9de8486777e1e5a. Then when I open up the folder there is a folder inside it called Update and inside that folder are two items. One is a .dll file and the other is an Update icon which says Windows Service Pack Setup.

ArtRage shouldn't create a folder like that as part of its installation. However, that reminds me of similar folders which appear to be created by various Windows updates.

I have seen a number of similar folders on other Windows systems. From memory, I believe that they contain uninstall information for Windows service packs and updates.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Weird. I have not updated Windows at all. I'm just using XP Professional SP2 as it comes right off the disc.

The Windows Installer may have created the folder during ArtRage installation and, if there was a problem somewhere, not deleted it. It's not a folder we explicitly create so it looks like an automated system. I have a similar folder that appears to contain driver updates so I'm guessing that an installer got interrupted somewhere along the line and didn't clear up after itself.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Windows has long been notorious for garbage collection problems.