ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: problem with tool function

problem with tool function

I am using Windows Vista 32 bit, Wacom Bamboo Touch/pen and AR Studio Pro.

Lately when i open AR I am unable to control brush size in oil water color and pencil and the palette knife only spreads thin color and does not spread paint i have applied with the tube.

Any ideas what might be the problem? I am able to use the oil brush and vary size if "square brush" is on.
    If I should want to try re-downloading studio pro, how would I do it?

Thanks
    Janet

Hi Janet,

I suspect that there's no need to reinstall ArtRage. We should be able to find out what's causing the problem for you. This sounds likely to be a pressure related problem where ArtRage is getting really low pressure values from the tablet or its own tool settings, which would cause a number of tools to look fairly narrow and not respond strongly to tool size changes ( let us know how you're trying to change the tool size as that could be important ).

If the oil paint is one tool you're seeing the problem with, could I get you to select the oil brush, click on settings and take a note of what the 'pressure' dial is set to. If it's very low, set it to 50% ( this is the default value ) and try painting / changing the tool size. Does that help?

Also, it may be worthwhile downloading the latest tablet driver from Wacom's website at www.wacom.com for your tablet, uninstalling your current tablet driver, then restarting your computer and installing the latest version you downloaded as this will ensure you have the latest tablet driver software and that it's using the default settings.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

usually i drag across the "x%" size tab to enlarge the tool. I am able to enlarge the tool by using shift and by entering a number. these seem to be the best work around

I did as you suggested and updated my Wacom driver but I will also uninstall and reinstall the driver.

Thanks for the help.

Already the update seems to have helped and I can try my intuos wacom and see if I have the same problem. Thanks

One other little question that is a "how to" but not necessarily "technical". How can I add a phrase to my posts that is always the same phrase. I see many users have little phrases that relate to their philosphy of art, etc. thanks

Hi Janet

go to User CP at the top left of your page then choose Edit Signature from the left panel.
    Da go Te'
    Best to you

Peter............
    Have a listen to or buy my music : http://www.reverbnation.com/playlist...artist_3522106
    and the Aubrey Small website:http://www.aubreysmall.com/
    My Facebook page:https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010972992278