ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Two old times illustrator sketch type (update)

Two old times illustrator sketch type (update)

It's an imaginary test with just a monochrome pencil (only pencil settings were changed) and some eraser touches.
    A tribute to the starting steps of old times great illustrators and, possibly, to a more classical procedure I may follow to paint better works... (it also took a short time o make).

I just added another quickie. Same style, coloured though!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PastTimesSketch2.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	198.8 KB 
ID:	44468   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ColorPencilSketch.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	236.5 KB 
ID:	44469  
    Last edited by Caesar; 04-24-2010 at 05:21 AM.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

What am imagination Cesare I love pencil work. It was all I could do before I got Artrage beautifully done I hope you do some more like this
    Treat Others as you wish to be treated

http://mannafig.deviantart.com/

An inspirational and beautiful work.

Cesare, You have it-a great talent, style, and imagination. I keep failing in the area of drawing people, and envy those such as yourself that can do this so well. Excellent sketches.

Dear Amanda, I think that the only way for me to produce accurate illustrative works with imagination (I mean without recourse to one or more pinned reference picture) probably requires the classical approach of sketching, define a tonal version (B&W) and then try the colours painted version keeping.
    I like drawing since ever (and I did it only too up to about 14 years ago) and it's easy and pleasant for me to satisfy Your request. Thank You!

Dear Paul, thank You and I hope to see soon where such an inspiration will take You!

Dear Sandra, I'm afraid I think I share Your doom. Most of people, comprising me, feel to be failing to a certain extent in drawing what he/ she would like to. In this case, for instance, not all the parts have the same qualitative level. The left arm of the man, for instance, is wrong. I had not the time and willingness to rework it ... Thank You!

Nice figure studies and use of the pencil tool Caesar! I always love to see what you are up to. Al

Right, right, right, you are right Caesar..to. become a good painter one has to become a good sketcher sketcher... then he can create his own scenes and images... love these two... there's red blood circulating in their veins...more, please!

Fabulous sketches Caesar, hard to tell they are digital. As always beautifully executed. Love your choice of canvas colour too which helps convey the nostalgic feel of the subjects too.
    "I paint because I love to cut mats" (Arthur Alexander)

Thank You, dear AL. As it often happens re-visiting a tool, You can always discover some tasty way to use it in its unique (and natural-like) features.

OK, dear Anna. I fulfilled Your request, but I used an ancient Sicilian myopic inhabitant in the following drawing, Poliphemus.

Dear Juz, the pencil on AR3 is really great (limitations from real can be reduced with a little practise and control seetings changes), my pen came back working decently ... so I really enjoy these possibility I will soon combine with watercolors. This will provide me light-speed illustration possibilities. Thank You!