ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: I can't draw!

Unhappy I can't draw!

I'm trying to draw a picture by Roy Litchstein on artrage 2.5, i've already drawn it in my sketch book and i turned out good, but i wanted to try it on here, but every time i try it on here i can't do it, it doesn't go right.

Can someone give me advice one how to draw with a tablet pen cos i'm usless at it lol.

thank you
    Rasha Taha
    Toosh
    (:

One thing you have to notice about digital painting is that you would always have to zoom-in to draw the details and zoom-out to see the big picture. When you do really detailed line art, you have to zoom-in otherwise you can't see the lines (hard to control as well!)

I guess that's what you are not used to. However as far as I know, painters are usually used to digital tools since they don't use lines. They paint big areas first and define the details later, which is quite easy. Quite some people scan their line art and paint with digital tools.

More practice will help you through the hardship. Maybe a little play with the tablet presets might help you as well?

Hi. most digital tablets have settings that involve angles and what-not. You might want to mess with those.

Mostly, tablets just take a little time to get used to, like typing properly—you know, not looking at the keys.
    I'm not saying "don't look", but it seems unnatural to have your hands drawing, but your eyes on the screen. It may help you to put the tablet in a different position than you have tried so far. Experiment until you are comfortable.

Good luck!

If you are using wacom, you can find an inking pen, put a paper on the tablet surface and draw, sometimes I find difficult to draw long horizontal straight stroke, but I try to look at the shiny part of the surface againts light source, the nibs trace is there

Did you know that you can do a straight line if you hold down the control key while you move your brush, roller, etc?

drawing??

thanks toosh ?? for getting 4 answers a great help I wouldn't have thought to ask and thanks to the 4

Practise, practise, practise... give it time...Anyone can draw!!!

As Kenmo said, practice, practice, practice. When I started using the tablet I thought I would never get it but eventually with practice my skill got better. Also to get more of the feeling of drawing on paper, I taped a sheet of middle weight drawing paper and that helps with the stylus moving more naturally rather than the ice skating feeling.

~John

The first tablet I purchased was a Wacom Graphire. And I hated it at first...and it frustrated me to no end... Then one day I decided to get serious and never looked back....

Only time I use the mouse now is for web surfing....

My first tablet was a Graphire as well. I finally upgraded last year to an Intuos4, a definite quantum leap!