ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Powell's - Watercolor example tutorial

Powell's - Watercolor example tutorial

I followed Oriane's example and I tried to see how watercolors worked by mixing them.
    Not as expected from the tutorial, so, after some time, I resumed a wide enough palette of mine to appropriately select some of the real watercolors hues.
    The result seem not too bad or different .... (see http://www.williampowell-artist.com/...orLesson1.html)
    Only one layer used with both wet and dry ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Powell's Watercolor.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	375.3 KB 
ID:	44401  
    Last edited by Caesar; 04-21-2010 at 05:31 AM.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Beatiful painting Cesare with lovely colours and a lovely feel to it. Well done
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

I like it Caesar

Powell has a nice gallery linked on that site.

Beautiful and calming dear Cesare very rustic I like it very much
    Treat Others as you wish to be treated

http://mannafig.deviantart.com/

I've little merit for this work, dear Katie, since I just tried to reproduce Powell's watercolours lesson (although I soon left the idea to combine colours as he suggested to get the right tints). Thank You!

The idea to introduce Powell was Oriane's, dear EB, and I couldn't refrain from making my honest attempt ... Glad You like this and the link!

I'm sure You've got something like this somewhere around where You live and not far from Your house, dear Sandra, or at least the memory of a similar old building. Thank You!

A calming view is really what You need living and working in Rome, dear Amanda ... Just an exercise, but an agreable one. Thank You!

It's wonderfully done Caesar. I particularly like the little alternations you've made like the more curved shapes of the wooden poles. The strokes hard edges on the wooden house work really well. Very beautiful.

Thank You, dear Belvrog! With some procedure planning in advance, I think that watercolour can be a really flexible tool for almost any subject and genre, especially for fast, luminous, illustrative and sketchy ones ...
    In this case I should have used a more vivid palette and a second layer to better render Powell's model, but it came out good enough anyway and in a quite short time indeed!

I like that a lot!
    And thanks for the link to the website. I'm going to have a look at those lessons as well.