ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Too much hockey on TV

Too much hockey on TV

The annual NHL (National Hockey League) Stanley Playoffs have begun and I'm glued to the tv... So very little time for ArtRage or my other digital toys...

Any other hockey fans here?

ya... but my teams (2) didnt make the playoffs...again. Thank God for artrage!

Hey...I've been a fan of the St Louis Blues since 1968. And they missed as well. Last year was their first time in the playoffs in 8 years...

What's your team? I'm betting it's the Ducks...

I'm a Blues fan also - since the day the team as born.
    Since the Blues didn't make it, and I don't have Versus,
    I'm stuck with the week-end games on nbc, and highlights on the nhl channel, which really burns my tail. The Stanley Cup Playoffs are my favorite time of year - the absolute best sports championship in the world! (imo)
    I've had a flairup of arthritis which has kept me from painting, and/or commenting lately, so I would have had liked to have had more hockey to watch.

Flames for me
    Can you get a radio or video stream to your computer... that's how I follow Aussie Rules live from Aus and draw at the same time.... (though when my team gets a goal my lines can go a little wonky hehehe)?
    Last edited by Juz; 04-21-2010 at 02:19 PM.
    "I paint because I love to cut mats" (Arthur Alexander)

Quote Originally Posted by Juz View Post
    Flames for me
    Can you get a radio or video stream to your computer... that's how I follow Aussie Rules live back in Aus and draw at the same time.... (though when my team gets a goal my lines can go a little wonky hehehe)?
    I follow some games on the computer, but if the stream isn't good, it just tears my eyes up, so I don't stay with it long.

LOL Backburner... know what you mean
    "I paint because I love to cut mats" (Arthur Alexander)

Quote Originally Posted by barnburner View Post
    I'm a Blues fan also - since the day the team as born.
    Since the Blues didn't make it, and I don't have Versus,
    I'm stuck with the week-end games on nbc, and highlights on the nhl channel, which really burns my tail. The Stanley Cup Playoffs are my favorite time of year - the absolute best sports championship in the world! (imo)
    I've had a flairup of arthritis which has kept me from painting, and/or commenting lately, so I would have had liked to have had more hockey to watch.
    1968 Finals was my first year of watching NHL hockey and the year I fell in love with the Blues.... Lost 4 straight to the heavily favored Canadiens but each game decided my a single goal... Red Berenson, Bob & Barclay Plager, bespeckled Al Arbour, Noel Picard, Ab MacDonald, Jimmy Roberts, Glen Hall, Frank St Marseille, Seth Martin, coach Scotty Bowman...

Love the Blues...!!!! I was hoping Keith Tkachuk could have won the Cup with the Blues before he retired this year....

Quote Originally Posted by kenmo View Post
    1968 Finals was my first year of watching NHL hockey and the year I fell in love with the Blues.... Lost 4 straight to the heavily favored Canadiens but each game decided my a single goal... Red Berenson, Bob & Barclay Plager, bespeckled Al Arbour, Noel Picard, Ab MacDonald, Jimmy Roberts, Glen Hall, Frank St Marseille, Seth Martin, coach Scotty Bowman...

Love the Blues...!!!! I was hoping Keith Tkachuk could have won the Cup with the Blues before he retired this year....
    Those were indeed magical years. How I wish DVRs had been around then!
    Yeah, I was hoping Walt would get one before he called it quits, but, sometimes it goes that way.
    Hopefully in a few years, we will see the Blues players skating with the Cup!

The glory years of the Blues... One of my favorite teams of all time the 1968 Blues and the 1986 Blues, Brian Sutter, Bernie Federko, Rob Ramage, the late Doug Wickenheiser (spelling), Greg Millen, coaches Jacques Demers & the late Barclay Plager...

Game 6, down 5-1 in the 3rd period to the Flames and win the game 6-5 in OT...

What heart and spirit that team had... Too bad some of the Keenan coached teams which were deep in talent did not have their heart...