ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: How do I ... ? (Backgrounds)

How do I ... ? (Backgrounds)

I'm hoping someone can help me with this. In ArtRage 3, how can I place a painting with a white background onto an entirely new background with color and/or is painted already (e.g. with clouds or trees)? Think layers. Any help would be much appreciated.

If the element you wish to move is on a layer, you can simply copy and paste it onto the other canvas. Here's how to do it:

1. On your original canvas, click on the layer that contains the item you want to copy.
    2. Then select the contents of the layer by pressing CTRL-A (select all).
    3. Now, copy the contents of the layer by pressing CTRL-C. Note that this step may take a minute or two depending on how large the element is that you're copying.
    4. Open your other file and then press CTRL-V (paste). The element you copied should appear on its own layer. You can then move it around using the move tool (the tool that looks like a crosshair). When you're finished, just select another layer and the change should be applied.

Hope that helps!

Other replies to this same topic can be found in your duplicate thread here:

http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...ad.php?t=28866
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.