ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cant find layerpalet

Smile cant find layerpalet

Hi,

Im new to artrage, just dowloaded it yesterday and need to learn everything,pfffff will i ever???
    Anyway, somehow i cant find the layerspalet and i dont know how to get it on screen. And the background color is bright blue and the color of for instance settings is light blue...i hate blue! How can i change the color of the background to yellow and the settingspanel to red, or isnt the possible?

Thanks for your help,
    Marion

Hi Marion666, welcome to the forums

To locate your layer palette:-
    -from the View Menu, choose layer palette. By default it is a small pod button that lives with the Refs and Tracing pods just above the colour picker on the right hand side of your screen which you just click to expand.

To change the background surrounding your canvas simply choose the colour you would like with your colour picker
    -alt-click (PC) or option-click (Mac) on the background area to apply.

To change the colour for your interface:-
    choose the colour you'd like to apply from your colour picker
    From the Edit Menu select preferences
    Open the 'interface' preferences
    From the menu icon next to control tint colour, select 'Choose current colour' (see attached image)
    You can also choose one of the premade colours stored in the list if you prefer you can also choose to store your new custom colour.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Juz; 04-18-2010 at 10:57 PM.
    "I paint because I love to cut mats" (Arthur Alexander)

Thank You Juz, that was very helpful. I had been looking in layer options for my layer panel, hahaha,i thought layer visible meant the panel was visible.
    Oh well, it there now, and i changed the color as well!
    Another thing ive been searching for all morning are blenders?? In painter
    ive got a whole list of those and they blend most used media. Are there no blenders in artrage?

Marion

It will depend on what media type you are working with as to how you blend.
    For paint, use the 'Palette knife' tool, just as you would in real life. This tool would be the closest match to painters blenders catagory. You can try out some of the ready made presets for it (located in the presets panel). You can also adjust the settings and save those off as your own presets. Page 37 of the help manual will give you good information about the different settings for this tool.
    Mediums such as watercolour will just run and blend as you work. You can use pressure with your pen to blend chalks, oil pastels and pencil. Felt pens with a high wetness setting will blend (or use the blending marker preset).
    Last edited by Juz; 04-18-2010 at 11:48 PM.

Talking

thanks sweedie and juz.....im so impatient, i want to try everything at the same time. Anyway, this morning i was trying the eraser. Had the setting very small and tried all 3 of them but with the same result: it erased much more that i wanted. I had drawn an eye and put a sticker in it as a pupil but that did not look right so i tried erasing a part of it but the whole sticker vanished. I guess, nowthat im writing this, this has maybe to do with the sticker than anything else? Maybe if i paint the pupil i will be alble to erase a very small part instead of all of it??

Sounds like the softness setting on your eraser is turned right up.
    Open the settings dialog when you have the eraser selected and turn the softness right down. If you have a 1% size eraser with 0% softness you can erase a single pixel.
    Use the tool size area of the tool palette to adjust the tool size. You can do this by either clicking once on it and typing in an exact size, or, click-drag right to increase size /click-drag left to decrease size.
    You can also adjust size as you work by holding the shift button and dragging right (enlarge) or left (decrease).
    Last edited by Juz; 04-19-2010 at 02:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by marion666 View Post
    thanks sweedie and juz.....im so impatient, i want to try everything at the same time. Anyway, this morning i was trying the eraser. Had the setting very small and tried all 3 of them but with the same result: it erased much more that i wanted. I had drawn an eye and put a sticker in it as a pupil but that did not look right so i tried erasing a part of it but the whole sticker vanished. I guess, nowthat im writing this, this has maybe to do with the sticker than anything else? Maybe if i paint the pupil i will be alble to erase a very small part instead of all of it??
    Hmm... So you pealed and stuck the sticker on the canvas, right? When you do this, the sticker is kept on a special "Sticker Layer", as they are meant to be a sort of clip art feature. This allows a user to move and rotate the sticker without it loosing it's crispness like a normal image would on a layer. The Pro version of AR Studio also let's us right click on a sticker in order to change features like its shadow, its tint and its opacity. But getting to the point now...

You'll know it's a sticker layer if you see the little Foot icon on the upper right side of the layer. If the foot is there, it means using the eraser with remove the entire sticker entity, which can be very useful when one is using the Sticker Spray tool, with the "Auto-Flatten" feature turned off, to lay down a number of leaves and decides to remove some. Should you decide you'd like the sticker layer to be like a normal layer, just click on the foot icon for the layer and select the option to "Flatten Sticker to Paint". You'll then be able to erase over the image as you'd expect.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Ahhhh, now i understand! I thought the disappearing act of that sticker had to do with it being a sticker....o well, as i said, i want so much to start and figure out everthing but there is so much to learn and im so impatient!
    Thanks for explaining this to me someonesane.

Red face colorpod gone

Now my colorpod had gone!!A small pod with metallic written on it and a colorwheel with a square is swoing. When i click the pod the wheel and pod disappear into a pink square. clicking that brings up the smaal pod and wheel again but i cant get back to the default colorpod. What on earth did i do to get this happening???HELP please...

Oh, i wanted to send a screenshot to explain myself better, but i cant find how to upload?

Click on the arc of color that is below the section that says "Metallic." This should bring up a menu where you can switch color pickers. (The one you had was probably LS/H Picker.)

To attach images to your post, look in the section called "Additional Options" (below where you type). Is there a box called "Manage Attachments"? Click there to load an image from you computer.
    Cat Boxes, a web comic